Well back to touch panel failure.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Seems apps have alot to do with the touch panel being disabled. I have gone 3 wks with no issues, then bam! Can Nokia not integrate the touch display software inside the O.S.? Really? This is what make me hate WP. One messed up app and the whole phone becomes a paperweight. I have galaxy note 3 on the way. I hat android, but I need a phone that actually allows me to answer it when it rings. Maybe the wp8.1 will address this app issue. Oh if you want to know it was instagram's beta update. I haven't added any new apps just to make it easier to find the culprit. For all I know it could be a combination of apps that cause it or just one messed up app. It could even be wp8 just not handling an error in the background caused by too many apps, not enough ram, missed character in a command string. Who knows.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "apps have alot to do with the touch panel being disabled"? What exactly is the problem that you are having? When you use the apps, what error are you getting?

ChanceNC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Not sure it's apps exclusively causing problems. During the first week of ownership (one month ago) I had two screen freezes and felt somewhat desperate and dejected like the OP. Then I read a post somewhere instructing me to turn off tap-and-share and double-tap to wake. I have not had a screen freeze since. Any chance you have these features enabled on your device?

That said, using betas is probably asking for issues.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Tap and share has been off. I don't use it. Instagram updated the beta software and my problem came back after being gone for 3wks. I uninstalled the app and bam, no more problem. The touch display on our windows phones from Nokia works from an app. If the app fails then you can't touch the screen. This is why the hardware buttons still function. They are not part of the touch panel. It blows they can't make a simple fix to this and put it into the O.S. It needs to know that the app failed and restart it. Simple fix I would think. Ctrl-alt-delete and allow for a list of apps that need to function like the touch panel to be pulled up via the hardware buttons or something lime that. At least acknowledge the problem and quit pretending it does not exist. Kinda hard to conduct business if you can't answer the phone. I am just going to move this WP to my other line and use the galaxy note 3 til Microsoft can decide if they want to keep this mobile market or jump ship to Nokia running android. That seems to be where they are headed anyway.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
If you want to do a scientific experiment for the betterment of us 928 owners. Turn of all your glance stuff. No glance, no double tap. See if the freezes stop. The ICON has the same screen tech as the 928 and has no glance feature yet. Wonder if glance was causing the same problems as the 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss