Just Bought a 1020! What should I expect??

BryanVilla

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just bought a Nokia Lumia 1020 since I've been eyeballing it since it came out! I've only played with the device for about 20 minutes total. I'm going to be trying it out and pitting it against my BlackBerry Q10, which I LOVE. I've used Windows Phone 8 before, since I had an HTC 8X. So what I want to know is what should I expect? What apps does Windows currently have? How loud is the speaker on the 1020? How different is the experience from the HTC 8X? And anything else you can tell me ex: your experience with the phone or so on! Thanks!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations Bryan;
Lumia 1020 has a ginormous camera (41 MP) , lossless zooming with rich audio recording . if you have used windows phone 8 before , then you should consider downloading some nokia exclusive apps like here drive, mix radio,Instagram beta / 6tag.what apps do you used to use on your blackberry ?

BryanVilla

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Aviary, Twitter, Tumblr, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Alien Flow (reddit app) and BBM on my phone that's about it and well more recently Flappy Bird! ;) Most of those apps have a 3rd Party Client which I'm sure is excellent! Battery Life wise I get two full days without charge on my Q10. How's the battery life on the 1020?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Aviary, Twitter, Tumblr, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Alien Flow (reddit app) and BBM on my phone that's about it and well more recently Flappy Bird! ;) Most of those apps have a 3rd Party Client which I'm sure is excellent! Battery Life wise I get two full days without charge on my Q10. How's the battery life on the 1020?

Instagram :- you can try 6tag or official instagram beta (officilal one still lacks features ) but 6tag is one the best instagram client on any platform
Snapchat:-try 6nap , from the same developer of 6tag , finest app for snapchat :)
vine :- official one is in the store.
twitter,Pandora you have all of them on store , you are good to go ,
for bbm :\ the app is licenced by blackberry and they have no plans to port bbm on windows phone as of now
flappy birds is on its way to windows phone (very soon ) btw what's your high score :D (mine is just 4 )
Battery:- in early stages , the battery is completely new , let it calibrate itself , for first few weeks the battery life may be horrible after few cycles it will improve by itself(this was a case with my Lumia 920 ). battery life depends on how often you use your phone. For a average user it can easily go by 2 days , for a moderate user 1 day , and lastly for a hard-core user , keep the charger ready ;)
have you updated your phone to latest GDR3 update with Lumia black firmware update on your L1020 ?

BryanVilla

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Instagram :- you can try 6tag or official instagram beta (officilal one still lacks features ) but 6tag is one the best instagram client on any platform
Snapchat:-try 6nap , from the same developer of 6tag , finest app for snapchat :)
vine :- official one is in the store.
twitter,Pandora you have all of them on store , you are good to go ,
for bbm :\ the app is licenced by blackberry and they have no plans to port bbm on windows phone as of now
flappy birds is on its way to windows phone (very soon ) btw what's your high score :D (mine is just 4 )
Battery:- in early stages , the battery is completely new , let it calibrate itself , for first few weeks the battery life may be horrible after few cycles it will improve by itself(this was a case with my Lumia 920 ). battery life depends on how often you use your phone. For a average user it can easily go by 2 days , for a moderate user 1 day , and lastly for a hard-core user , keep the charger ready ;)
have you updated your phone to latest GDR3 update with Lumia black firmware update on your L1020 ?

Yeah I figured that there would be a lot of great 3rd Party apps which I prefer far more than the official ones honestly. I'd consider myself a moderate user so hopefully I can squeeze out a day with the batter and if not I'll have to tweak the settings a bit ;) My high score is actually 17 at the moment :) Hmmm not yet but I'm looking at updating the phone come Friday or Saturday when it gets delivered. I've only spent time on my cousins 1020 and loved it so can't wait for mine because 20 minutes was not enough! ;)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I figured that there would be a lot of great 3rd Party apps which I prefer far more than the official ones honestly. I'd consider myself a moderate user so hopefully I can squeeze out a day with the batter and if not I'll have to tweak the settings a bit ;) My high score is actually 17 at the moment :) Hmmm not yet but I'm looking at updating the phone come Friday or Saturday when it gets delivered. I've only spent time on my cousins 1020 and loved it so can't wait for mine because 20 minutes was not enough! ;)

off topic :- I cant play that flappy birds anymore , its damn tough. chances are you might get the update pre-installed else its fairly simple just go to settings and check for updates ;)(gdr3 brings many new features like driving mode, custom ringtones,'X' button to kill apps in multitasking , under the hood tweaks , lock screen rotation , and with black update by nokia you will get new glance 2.0,RAW image support on l1020(wow),Bluetooth 4.0 , etc . ah I forget you already have a htc 8x so might be used to windows phone somehow ;).
did you updated your blackberry to latest 10.2 ?

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 1020 today! I had 920 so I know most of the apps and how to use the phone but can someone tell me where I can get a good tutorial for taking pictures with the 1020. I read the tutorials Nokia provided but they don't really go into much detail. Thanks in advance :)

BryanVilla

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
off topic :- I cant play that flappy birds anymore , its damn tough. chances are you might get the update pre-installed else its fairly simple just go to settings and check for updates ;)(gdr3 brings many new features like driving mode, custom ringtones,'X' button to kill apps in multitasking , under the hood tweaks , lock screen rotation , and with black update by nokia you will get new glance 2.0,RAW image support on l1020(wow),Bluetooth 4.0 , etc . ah I forget you already have a htc 8x so might be used to windows phone somehow ;).
did you updated your blackberry to latest 10.2 ?

Okay cool! Sounds like Windows got a lot of updates since I last used it! :) Yeah I can't get a higher score on Flappy Bird for the life of me but a friend of mine has an unbelievable 62! Yes my Q10 is updated to the newest 10.2.1 and it's incredible I just really want the camera of the 1020 and I love live tiles :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay cool! Sounds like Windows got a lot of updates since I last used it! :) Yeah I can't get a higher score on Flappy Bird for the life of me but a friend of mine has an unbelievable 62! Yes my Q10 is updated to the newest 10.2.1 and it's incredible I just really want the camera of the 1020 and I love live tiles :)

whoa 62 in flappy bird :0 , nice , yes windows phone is improved a lot if you compare it to early 2013 ,credit goes to nokia for brining new exclusive feature to its line up :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos