Nokia Lumia Sudden Battery Drop

Marcus Hock

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Everyone! (this is my first post so I hope I'm doing everything correctly on the forums)

I've had the 928 since September and have loved it apart from a couple minor bugs that I'm not going to get into right now. However, about a week ago, the battery life suddenly dropped. I'm not sure what my past discharge rate on standby was, but it has jumped up to around 4% per hour when just on standby with no use. I have glanced turned off and very minimal background tasks. (Battery, Bing Weather Facebook Beta and Twitter, that's all) I also am at my house with the Wi-Fi turned on and connected, but not being used. Do you guys have any tips to try to get the battery to get back to its original state.

If I can't get anything to work I'll probably do a phone reset, but I'd rather not if possible.

Thanks
Marcus

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I also have the L928. And I don't have that problem, hope it will never happen as well. My WiFi is on 24/7 but the battery last very long if im not using it and I think the last OS update improved it even more. update your phone if you haven't yet maybe it will fix it..to update go to Settings>phone update

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
My suggestion would be to track the past few apps you downloaded and start to uninstall from the latest to the point where you started to see the problem. One at a time and give it some time to show results. I suspect that one of the apps might be draining the battery faster due to an improper install or the like.

Marcus Hock

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion would be to track the past few apps you downloaded and start to uninstall from the latest to the point where you started to see the problem. One at a time and give it some time to show results. I suspect that one of the apps might be draining the battery faster due to an improper install or the like.
I've already uninstalled all of the most recent apps, but thanks.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you restart your phone? If you use a wireless charger it causes an issue with battery left being displayed as well. Mine does it at least once a week.

Marcus Hock

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have done multiple restarts to no avail, although I do have a wireless charger that I sometimes use. I don't think that the charger is the problem because I have the same battery life using a cord.

scooby boom7

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
i hav the same battery issue with my 720.. :( it used to last up to 32 hours with a moderate use..- Even on standby (and battery saver) i am still able to see a minimum of 4% discharge every time. Need help from u guyss!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb