Lumia 720 windows black update not working

karthick B

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
After installing windows black update i did not get any features from it, i lost the features that i got in Amber update also(glance screen). While checking for updates its showing as its up to date. But while checking in the Extras+infor app, its showing incorrect version numbers:cry:
Please any one help me how to resolve it

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Update all the settings app including Extras+info. This will resolve you issue.

You can either use sysapp pusher app for this or click here to get QR codes of the settings app

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If the above suggestion doesn't work you probably only have three options here.

1) Soft reset -> volume down and power button together, hold until it vibrates, then let go. Phone restarts. You may need to reset date and time.
2) Hard reset -> Settings -> About -> Reset phone (note this erases everything on the phone and there is no way to backup game data unless the game allows it) Be sure to backup before doing this.
3) Use NSU (Nokia Software Updater) Download from here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...ng-gears-cogs-bug-nokia-lumia-users-only.html (ignore the title you just want the software)

With NSU you need a WiFi connection and a Windows 7 or 8 computer for it to work. It will download a new firmware for your phone and completely wipe the other one off. So it's like reinstalling WP OS.

I've noted that people get phones from all over the place so if your phone is a different region to the country you're in be sure to set the region on the phone once you do a hard reset or use NSU. Otherwise your apps won't download and the SIM won't work.

karthick B

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. After updating the Apps i got the windows black features.
Why those updates are not shown in the live tiles as update available.
Thanks in advance.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
You could try the following steps:
1) Un-pin the store tile from the start screen.
2) Clear IE cache.
3) Soft Reset.
4) Re-pin the store tile.

It should fix the update notification issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire