ATIV S has finally died :'-(

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm dropping my ATIV S into the Samsung repair centre on Thursday, it hasn't been working right since I factory reset it last Sunday and I believe it has also developed a hardware fault. So, for now at least, I'm back on my Lagdroid Galaxy Nexus :crying:

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I'm dropping my ATIV S into the Samsung repair centre on Thursday, it hasn't been working right since I factory reset it last Sunday and I believe it has also developed a hardware fault. So, for now at least, I'm back on my Lagdroid Galaxy Nexus :crying:

My condolences

Last edited:

andre_felix

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Happened the same to me!!! after doing reset, phone reboots various times and after a while stops rebooting and shows a black screen :(
I'm going to send to customer service and see what can they do....

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Happened the same to me!!! after doing reset, phone reboots various times and after a while stops rebooting and shows a black screen :(
I'm going to send to customer service and see what can they do....

Did you manage to get it back into setup at least once, I ask this because mine started showing 12GB instead of 14GB user storage and wouldn't detect the SD Card?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, it looks like I'll be without my ATIV S for a further 7-10 days as they have to send it to a level 3 repair centre :cry:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
dunno if you mentioned in another thread...but how did it die?

I updated it to the GDR3 preview and had to factory reset it and unfortunately had the black screen of death, a known issue with the GDR3 preview on the ATIV S, from which it didn't start up properly and needed to be reflashed so I'm just glad it wasn't a hardware problem.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster