Touch screen going crazy

angulus

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys!

First of all, I'm new here, and have a problem with which I'd like your help.

So, in June last year I bought a Lumia 720, and I really liked it. I had trouble one time when the device refused to go on, but a reset fixed the problem. Now, more recently I've been experiencing another, more annoying problem. My touch screen has gone mad since a few weeks or a month or so. It acts like I'm touching it all over the place, and that results in rapid switching from tab to tab, random clicking on links, and making my keyboard disappear 5 times per sentence. Now, this isn't happening all the time, which is why I put up with it until now. When the screen is like that, it doesn't even recognize my own touch, so it's practically unusable.

Now for solutions, I've tried changing touch sensitivity to normal, I've tried several soft resets and a hard reset a while ago. I'm attempting another hard reset as I'm typing this.

Do you guys know what's causing this? Is it a problem with the software, or the screen itself?

Thanks in advance!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So, in June last year I bought a Lumia 720, and I really liked it. I had trouble one time when the device refused to go on, but a reset fixed the problem. Now, more recently I've been experiencing another, more annoying problem. My touch screen has gone mad since a few weeks or a month or so. It acts like I'm touching it all over the place, and that results in rapid switching from tab to tab, random clicking on links, and making my keyboard disappear 5 times per sentence. Now, this isn't happening all the time, which is why I put up with it until now. When the screen is like that, it doesn't even recognize my own touch, so it's practically unusable.

Welcome to WPC! Don't be a stranger around here :)

I would for sure say that sounds like a hardware issue. Especially since you've tried most of the fixes I could think of... Could try taking it in for warranty work since you've had it for less than a year.

vsnake

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have the exact same problem with my 720 :angry: !!! (Even had the same trouble with the phone not willing to turn on !! )
But for the screen issue, what happened? Did the warranty work?

Thanks;

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
HI,

I may be sounding repetitive, but as said earlier in posts.....these random switching of Apps, Bing Search opening up and other random functions sprouting over the screen is the result of Hardware failure.

Did your phone encounter a fall from your hands???

Usually a fall or some impact disorients the internals.....I had this issue, took to Nokia center and was resolved after a month or so.

So good luck to you...

rgds,

Nitin Yadav
Hi, I have the exact same problem with my 720 :angry: !!! (Even had the same trouble with the phone not willing to turn on !! )
But for the screen issue, what happened? Did the warranty work?

Thanks;

vsnake

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for the reply,
I never dropped my phone or anything, it looks brand new.
I have it for more than a year now and after contacting nokia care, i sent it to nokia but it has been 2 weeks now... The problem started while i was taking pictures, it was randomly focusing on something or zooming in...
Then it really went crazy.
Warranty should work because i really do pay attention to my phone and i havent done anything wrong, I'm just worried I think :')

nitiny8

May 4, 2013
Visit site
HI,

Warranty should work if its under 1 year (I extended my warranty by 1 year/Rs 500).
May sound weird but one of the Nokia Center demanded around Rs 5k for this problem of mine, however the other Nokia did it for free (but kept the phone for around 2 weeks) from the same city, Delhi.

Do check couple of Nokia customer cares.

rgds

Hey thanks for the reply,
I never dropped my phone or anything, it looks brand new.
I have it for more than a year now and after contacting nokia care, i sent it to nokia but it has been 2 weeks now... The problem started while i was taking pictures, it was randomly focusing on something or zooming in...
Then it really went crazy.
Warranty should work because i really do pay attention to my phone and i havent done anything wrong, I'm just worried I think :')

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb