Something isn't right.... (I think)

tbonecopper

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Lately, my 1020 has been suffering from abysmal battery life.. In the realm of : unplug from charger at 9:55 am (When I wake for work) and dead with extremely minimal use by 8 pm. I'm on the Developer OS Preview, and thought, maybe that did it. Lumia Black and all, others have reset their phone and had better luck with the battery, so that's what I did today.

Now, I'm not getting app updates in the store (nokia drive had an update, but it didn't say "2 updates available" when I opened the Store)... and it doesn't say Lumia Black, Amber, or w/e on the About Phone icon in Settings.

Is this right? Or, did I miss something regarding the version numbers, and the OS dev preview not giving you automatic app update notifications?

Also, it says Nokia 909 , not Lumia 1020... I've never noticed that before.

wp_ss_20140204_0001.jpg

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine says Lumia Black... also 909 but Nokia use the actual model number in the about page (the 1020 IS the 909).

I'm not on the developer preview however. The only thing I can suggest is trying to get to Black on the latest public release of WP8 and see if that does it - my battery life is spot on!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No, that's correct. I have an ATT 1020 with developer preview, and mine shows the exact same version numbers, doesn't say Lumia Black, and also says 909. You'll see the words Lumia Black if you go to extras+info. Make sure you download sysapp pusher and download all the latest system updates. Also, app store updates sometimes take a day or two to notify you, that's normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos