Will go live tonight!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a month to return the note 3 I have for another phone. If it is not released by then, I am stuck. Hate to go through buy and sell to get it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Do you have Verizon now? Do you have a backup VZW phone?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Keith Petrovich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I opened the package!

A few hours ago I made it back from the business! The workers there were very tired as it was the end of the day, but one wished me a good evening as I left. Here is how it went. First of all the package was pretty well locked down, so I had to use my key to open the seal. After I opened the main compartment, there was something blocking the interior from my full view. It wasn't of any significance so I just moved it to the side. Once opened, inside it was jet black without power, as expected. Turning on the power was just a matter of finding the power on the side. When I say this baby lit up with power, it is an understatement! The light from the power up permeated the vicinity! The glass offered near perfect reflection! Looking around, I can see that nothing was out of place. The sight gave me a sense of serene peace. Thats all for now, let me settle in with it.

disclaimer: this is a true story dramatized when I left my work for my package (home) on a non specific day

You got an icon..?

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
This may be confirmation bias on my part, but that sure does lead credence to my regrettable prediction earlier last month that AT&T had a 3 month exclusivity window starting with the release of the 1520 for any device in that 'family'. If Nokia is providing the holdup, that sure would make it seem the case, wouldn't it?

Correlation does not equal causation. They are two different phones. It's not the same as the 920 exclusivity thing.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Correlation does not equal causation. They are two different phones. It's not the same as the 920 exclusivity thing.
I agree that it's not the same, but the Icon can conceivably be viewed as a variant of the 1520 just as the 928 and 925 were variants of the 920.

I'm trying to look for logical reasons as to why this device hasn't been released. Verizon-hating just feels irrational at this point. They are not like this with other devices. The 822, 8X and ATIV S didn't see anything like this, only the two high end Nokia devices. Logic would tell us that there is something more going on here.

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I agree that it's not the same, but the Icon can conceivably be viewed as a variant of the 1520 just as the 928 and 925 were variants of the 920.

I'm trying to look for logical reasons as to why this device hasn't been released. Verizon-hating just feels irrational at this point. They are not like this with other devices. The 822, 8X and ATIV S didn't see anything like this, only the two high end Nokia devices. Logic would tell us that there is something more going on here.

The HTC Trophy was like this. I waited forever for it to be released. The 928, 925, and 920 are all the same size phone, so it's reasonable to call them variants.

Edit: It was also pretty well known that AT&T had a 6 month exclusivity deal on the 920. Deciding that they suddenly went to a 3 month deal for the 1520 and that the 929 is a variant of the 1520 is a big stretch, especially since there have been no reports of either.

Last edited:

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why I'm so obsessed with a phone that hasn't even been released nor confirmed. I saw this thread and got my hopes up for nothing. I just hope they don't decide to not release it at all.

outlaw_d

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I give up on this phone. At this point, it will be dead-on-arrival in comparison to other devices hitting the market in the next few weeks. Best of luck, Nokia!

Edit: VZW has ZERO right to complain of poor sales of this device when it finally launches. They brought this headache upon themselves.

Double edit: I did call my local VZW store and they DID acknowledge the Icon but they said they do not have any in stock. (This was of course after I asked "Do you have the new Icon instock?" - "The new iPhone yes we do!" - "No. The new Nokia Lumia Icon"). Dumb ****s.

Last edited:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I don't think Verizon ever announced this phone. I don't think Nokia or Microsoft announced this phone. All we have are a bunch of blurry pictures, specs, cases, and ticked off people. No one has any definitive reason why this rumored phone has not been released. For Verizon, the bottom line is money and if they though could release it and make money, they would. For Nokia/Microsoft, the bottom line is reputation. If they release a Windows phone that has issues, they will be hurt.

I want this phone as much as anyone and look for an announcement every day. But hopefully, when or if it's released, it will be solid and without issues.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I give up on this phone. At this point, it will be dead-on-arrival in comparison to other devices hitting the market in the next few weeks. Best of luck, Nokia!

Edit: VZW has ZERO right to complain of poor sales of this device when it finally launches. They brought this headache upon themselves.

Double edit: I did call my local VZW store and they DID acknowledge the Icon but they said they do not have any in stock. (This was of course after I asked "Do you have the new Icon instock?" - "The new iPhone yes we do!" - "No. The new Nokia Lumia Icon"). Dumb ****s.

Most people aren't as obsessed with checking the internet every few minutes for a rumored phone that hasn't been announced, so the majority of users aren't really impacted by all these perceived delays.
Of course, it's the early adopters getting annoyed, but for phones, early adopters are less important.

As for the specs, well, it was going to be behind the times regardless. Every WP phone has been behind the times. Given that the WP7/8 phones have had outdated specs, it isn't the end of the world from a user perspective. No apps are much maxing out devices, especially for WP8, and one phone in one country wouldn't change that.

And, to the DOA point, well, with a new Galaxy around the corner, do you really think this device wouldn't be DOA relative to a new Galaxy?

VirtualDanMan

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I was excited for this phone as most of you here are/were for it when it was first announced. At this point though, several months later, it's lost its luster after getting the following tweet from Nokia-US today: "We have nothing to announce at this time, but thanks for reaching out!". Why should I be surprised at this? UUuuggghhhh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion