Will go live tonight!

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It leaked in September. And intelligence lead WPCentral, the most reliable WP news source on the internet, to expect it to be launched in November. Verizon Nokia Lumia 929 coming in early November in Black and White, $500 off-contract | Windows Phone Central

I mostly agree with you - but stop trying to dampen the blow. This isn't cool.

yeah, there's little doubt that this didn't launch as planned. I know it's not 'late' because it wasn't publicly announced, but I can tell you that it IS late from the planned launch window that Nokia/Verizon were aiming for...even MS is like 'where is it?'.

Having said that, many of us are confident that it will be 'before MWC'. So that's the latest.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Alright, which WP phone, that can be bought right now, equals the GS4 or the One?
The 1520 bests them (though it took 9 months to do so), and then... uh...

Hmm.

Nothing. No other phone with a recent processor. The 925 used a processor well over a year old.

Try reading my post before turning in to keyboard cowboy next time. I said EXACTLY what you said...wp has been known to be behind before the 1520 came out...now, not so much.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm far from poor....but I don't generally flush money either. Sure seems like more and more people (especially around here) have multiple phones. I can see if you have a "work" phone that "work" is paying for......other than that???

I'm sorry I was just making a jerky sarcastic remark. I didn't mean anything by it. I've run with two cells before and always end up retiring one quickly. I do have a drawer at home with 6 or 7 old phones in it that my kids play with or I use for emergencies but I only use one as my daily driver. It's too much of a pain to run multiple ones.

Even if those rumored dual boot windows/android phones came out I think I would just keep it in one mode most of the time.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
yeah, there's little doubt that this didn't launch as planned. I know it's not 'late' because it wasn't publicly announced, but I can tell you that it IS late from the planned launch window that Nokia/Verizon were aiming for...even MS is like 'where is it?'.

Having said that, many of us are confident that it will be 'before MWC'. So that's the latest.

So I guess that means announced 2/13 available 2/20 Daniel ?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Why does it have to be a week wait? If I remember correctly, I ordered my HTC Trophy the day it was announced and it was shipped that same day or maybe the next day.

Why does it have to be same day? We do not know how the announcement or availability will go so, saying exact dates pure outlandishness.

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Why does it have to be same day? We do not know how the announcement or availability will go so, saying exact dates pure outlandishness.

I didn't say it has to be the same day, nor did I give any dates. My intent was the same as your last sentence. We have no idea at this point. There's another thread with another new supposed launch date, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Dont be envious, this thing has been delayed and has fallen behind the newer tech.. verizon keeps screwing us over.

eh the snapdragon800 is still a heck of a chip and the newer 805 (which will be shipping later on in the year) isn't leaps and bounds ahead of the snapdragon800 like the s800 was compared to the s600

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)