Error 86000c0a

luckysprite

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Today I got an error 86000c0a which prevents me from synching my twitter and microsoft account. How can i solve this? I read couple of post telling me to open aduc(advanced user settings bla bla ) but I don't know what the hell is that thing.

David Perez Perez

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
hello.
Yesterday i have a hard reset of my lumia 920 and after this, my @outlook.com acount give me error "86000C0A".
I Cant make the changes in the active directory because this is a @outlook.com

any idea???

thanks a lot

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
hello.
Yesterday i have a hard reset of my lumia 920 and after this, my @outlook.com acount give me error "86000C0A".
I Cant make the changes in the active directory because this is a @outlook.com

any idea???

thanks a lot

Hi,

Following the Nokia guidelines here :

The 86000C0A error indicates incorrect user permissions, which is likely caused by disabled inheritance in Active Directory. The admin must fix this server-side issue in the following way:

1. Open Active Directory Users & Computers (ADUC).
  2. Click View and select Advanced Features .
  3. Open the AD structure to find the affected user.
  4. Right-click User>Properties .
  5. Select the Security tab.
  6. Click Advanced .
  7. Check the Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent box.

...makes it very clear (to me) that indeed you cannot do anything, and the server admin should resolve this...disabled inheritance is an AD security feature, which is set in the security policy of the server. We cannot access it from user-end.

Only logical thing I can conclude is that before the update, somehow the inheritable permissions checkbox was redundant, so it didn't matter really whether it was checked or not. And I know as a former IT-support engineer that if the policy for that option isn't set, the option itself is redundant whether checked or not in the user-tabs in AD.

Seeing the magnitude of the MS domains, it is very likely that some users have this box checked in their AD, and others don't. Since it was a redundant option because the policy wasn't set, it wouldn't have mattered...Then after the update somehow that security option must have been set in the policy, and now the users that have that option unchecked in their user-tabs in AD, are adversively affected by that security policy.

So in that case MS is the only one to set this straight...by either checking that box for every user, OR disabling the security feature again in their policy.

That would be my best guess, since I have some experience with AD. Could be wrong, but it is actually very likely something like that.

Grtz.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa