Camera lens shaking

Xeeynamo

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a small problem about camera lens of my Lumia 1520. When I open an application that uses the camera, sometimes the lens shakes without reason. This happens with automatic and manual focus, night and day, near or far away from the object and also when I don't move the phone. It's not a common problem, but it's very frustrating when you want to save unique moments. The problem can be seen on first minutes of this video: [2/2] Dream Theater Live in Rome, 2014 - YouTube
It happened to other people here?

swimmer160

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So my 2 previous 1520's had the exact same issue. I took in in the store, showed them the shake, and they replaced it right on the spot since both happened within 2 weeks of getting the device. I had a post about it here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/256291-1520-ois-failure.html

I think it's an OIS failure, as it seems completely mechanical. My guess is possibly a bad batch. I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that had the issue. My 3rd 1520 that I've got now seems to be alright.

Xeeynamo

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I tried to do some tests with Nokia Product Support Tool and I can agree with swimmer160: it's an hardware defect of OIS.
OIS defect - Copy.png

Last edited:

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Face similar problem but it is intermittent. But when it shakes it is really bad. I took it to Nokia Care they asked me to leave the phone there for 2 weeks for checking. Nokia outsourced their service center in Malaysia to a local company and their support is really bad.

See the link for the shaking symptom on mine YouTube

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa