just got a new Lumia 1020 white ATT :-)

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Love this phone got rid of my iPhone 5 for it..... new to Windows phone sure is taking a long time to get used to but I love it so far.... the camera ****s on any phone out there nothing touches it.....

Things I love so far

Camera :)
Sound quality is so damn amazing it sounds so ******* good ^_^ music is another big part of my life and I finally found a phone that sounds better then the iPhone so Nokia got the sound quality down.

Live tiles are awesome love to just turn my phone on and see a quick glance of everything going on sure as hell beats opening every app to check whats going on.

I turned off quick glance and double tap to wake have a felling this will kill battery life?

are there any Roms for it? can I flash something else besides the stupid ATT rom i hate everything to do with ATT and want it all off.

any hacks or tweaks that I should know about?

just got it so ill post back on how battery life etc is for me

I live in Hawaii so plan to make use of this Camera
1544314_10153768186390247_1570869699_n.jpg

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral Demonchld. Congrats on your new Lumia 1020. Good to see you move from iOS to Windows phone. Enjoy taking pictures and listening to music with your phone.
Glance screen doesn't take that much of battery, even if you keep it on shouldn't be a problem.

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ill just leave it off could care less for it lol

ya windows phone is really good I like it a lot hope to convert more people to it.

Dont see the problem everyone says with apps all the apps on my iPhone work just fine on my Lumia..... tho I dont download a bunch of stupid pointless apps like most people

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
You actually CAN take all the AT&T stuff off the phone, unlike Android phones. Just tap and hold the app from the app list and tap uninstall. Simple :)

infestedd

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i left android behind 6 months ago and dont have plans to go back for it. WP feels like wp, you have what you need, fast and smooth, without a lot of garbage. No freezings, great cameras, sound quality, call quality and now everything works as intend (some months ago, push facebook/whatsapp had some problems )

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is amazing I took something like 300 photos last night and 100 of them were long exposure shots from a full charge I was down too 28% pretty damn good if u ask me and that's also with uploading to Facebook. I think it compares to most dslr in terms of battery life especially when u take long exposure shots.

Loving this phone more every minute. Might even sell my business line iPhone 5s and get another Lumia 1020 I'm that impressed.

And this is coming from someone who has used iPhone since the first Gen. And I been thru many androids from the g1 to the galaxy s4 etc...
And so far no device can touch windows phone.

So come on people try it don't listen to all the bs people say windows phone is way better then people make it out to be the ios and android fad is very slowly during out as people are finally starting to see how much better windows phone is.

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does take some time for the camera to start if the phone is in standby from lock screen u can hold the camera button takes about 4 seconds to start up yes. Its comparable to any dslr that's turned off so I really have no complaints there. It does take some time for it to process that 41 mp file tho but with such beautiful shots I'm not complaining

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
z1ka.jpg

ii5z.jpg

I'm still learning how to use it

Demonchld

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
From 100% to dead took around 420 photos all 4sec exposure with some uploads to Facebook Bluetooth off double tap to wake off glance off tap to send off auto brightness 4g data with good signal and WiFi on with the screen on about 95% of the time was able to kill the battery in about 3 hours. Being that was super heavy use I will say I am most impressed. Only found about 5 good photos out. The 420 I took lol but hey that damn manual mode takes practice -_-

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I'm still learning it it got some mad noise but photo still looks great
No flash
No pre flash
ISO 100
4sec exposure
Focus infinity

These are full resolution images, where each of the 41 million pixels are relatively small-sized (normal size for cameraphones). The main idea behind Nokia's technology is that these pixels are combined to become larger pixels (i.e. by process of oversampling to 5MP), where each pixel is effectively now much larger (more than 6x larger than normal cameraphones or even most point and shoot cameras). This results in much lower noise and very good retention of details in the 5MP image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786