My latest visit to Nokia Care Center

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I would like to share my experience with my Nokia Lumia 920 and Nokia Care Center. In short, my phone need to be fixed but it shouldn't be covered by warranty since I violated several warranty agreement. Nokia Care Center fixed my phone for free anyway. Thank you Nokia.

In August 2013 after nearly 10 months of using NL 920, I noticed that the GPS reception on my phone is not as good as it used to be but I blame the bad weather during rainy season in Thailand for that. Shortly after that, I have also noticed that the camera flash was not working in some flashlight apps but there were so many alternatives so I didn't really see the problem there.

In December 2013, my phone was then 13 months old, the flash stopped working at all and it was loosen dangerously. I decided to had my phone fixed at a random mobile repair shop nearby. The random mobile repair man opened my phone up and spent about 2 hours on it. The only thing he can fixed was the loosen flash. But the flash was still unusable and the GPS reception was still very poor. I was charged for it T_T.

The excellent camera performance in low light and somewhat still quite functional Here Drive+ made me using my phone for another month until I found that there actually is a Nokia Care Center right in my neighborhood. So I paid them a visit.

Late January 2014 at Nokia Care Center service desk, I showed my NL 920 and explained my situation. She check my phone serial number and told me that despite I told her I bought it 14 months ago, my phone is still under warranty until Feb 8, 2014. I also told her that I manually flashed its rom twice and already had someone open my phone up and that should void my warranty. She went back to her office and when she came back she told me that it could still be under warranty but she need up to 3 days to confirm this then up to 2 weeks to fix it and should parts need to be shipped from another office it would be 2 more weeks. So I was looking at a whole month for my phone to be fixed. Since she was so kind to me, I decided to go for it.

Exactly 20 hours later, she called me, told me that my phone is fixed, ready to be picked up and of course free of charge. The camera flash is now working with any app I installed. And now after 2 weeks, I am sure that GPS reception is now 100% function without any hiccup.

Thank you NOKIA

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I am from india and using 720 and its touch is not working so I submitted it to nokia care and they take it take 10 days to repair it and 22 days passed away and still I didn't get my device

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
You're so lucky. Good for you man.

I broke my L820 display (under the digitizer) and I sent in repairs on 16 December. I still haven't received it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes