Will I have to reinstall app updates if I reset my phone?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You will have to reinstall all your apps if you do a hard reset. You need to do a backup prior to doing it.

If you're referring to a soft reset, than no.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
When you hard reset your phone, it will ask you if you want to do a data restore or you want to start fresh. If you select a restore, it would restore all your apps, a fresh start would require you to install all apps and updates that has not come with your handset.
I'm not 100% sure about the restore as I have never tried it out till date, please confirm the same with someone else too.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, all apps doesn't restore their latest version, so you have to check them manually (SysApp Pusher is a good choice for that)

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, all apps doesn't restore their latest version, so you have to check them manually (SysApp Pusher is a good choice for that)

I've never tried it myself, but are you suggesting that on 'restore', the phone does not download the latest app versions? That makes no sense...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've never tried it myself, but are you suggesting that on 'restore', the phone does not download the latest app versions? That makes no sense...

You are correct. It makes no sense at all. The apps are new downloads. I've reset my phone so no idea where they're getting their info from.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
But that is true. I've done hard reset twice (first time last fall after Amber and second time a few weeks ago away after Black) and both times I had to update many apps after restore backup. Most of them were Nokia apps (like "Extras and info" or Nokia Camera or all HERE apps), but also many of My own apps.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Performed a Hard Reset after backing up everything. Restore completed successfully. Even all the Apps+Games were initiated to download automatically. All I had to do was type my passwords and customize my Start Screen :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99