Lumia Black Update in Pakistan

Nekusta

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I currently reside in Pakistan and have a Lumia 720. Now this may sound weird but one of my friends also having the same phone got the Black update yesterday. He received it through the usual method but I haven't been able to update. I checked Nokia's website and it still says that the update is "Waiting for approval" in my country and on my phone. Is there a reason that I haven't been able to update and my friend has ? The only difference in both of our devices is that I had enrolled in the developer preview that came out and he didn't. I un-enrolled myself from the program too but no luck. How come he got the update when its not even out in the region ? Any ideas guys ?

NotSafeForWork

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I currently reside in Pakistan and have a Lumia 720. Now this may sound weird but one of my friends also having the same phone got the Black update yesterday. He received it through the usual method but I haven't been able to update. I checked Nokia's website and it still says that the update is "Waiting for approval" in my country and on my phone. Is there a reason that I haven't been able to update and my friend has ? The only difference in both of our devices is that I had enrolled in the developer preview that came out and he didn't. I un-enrolled myself from the program too but no luck. How come he got the update when its not even out in the region ? Any ideas guys ?

Did he buy it from Nokia Pakistan? Maybe because he bought it from another source like an online retailer, then the country where the phone is supplied from already has the black update available. AFAIK being enrolled in the developer preview does not affect the user from getting proper updates, they will still arrive when available. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99