Your misconceptions of astounding features are holding you back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
The Nokia Lumia 1520. A beautiful device that catches everyone's eye. However, some of it's greatest features seem to be misunderstood or even go unnoticed by novice users. I am taking this opportunity to showcase some of the 1520's lesser mentioned benefits and automated actions. In doing so, I hope to show some naysayers how they are drinking from a half empty glass and that a change in perception can greatly increase the joy of their new devices

1. Automatic Cache Cleaner - aka - Random Reboot: Let's start the feature line-up with one of my personal favorites. The Auto Cache Cleaner (ACC) performs a helpful task multiple times a day by automatically rebooting your device for a quick house cleaning. It can take a lot of memory and process resources to keep that beautiful UI running buttery smooth all day. The 1520 has a larger screen than other devices with even more real estate for live tiles. This is a big strain on the OS and Nokia doesn't want to degrade your live tile experience. The solution was the introduction of the ACC. When your 1520 begins to feel overloaded, sluggish or just plain sad, it initiates the ACC process to get a fresh start.
You may think the ACC process is random and interferes with your usage, or even interrupts important interactions and conversations on your device. The reality is, you are wrong. Your simple minded human perception cannot contemplate the accuracy of the algorithm used to determine ACC process activation. Many factors are involved in ACC activation such as; RAM usage level, battery level, user activity, and barometric pressure.
Some interesting notes about the ACC. Nokia originally named the feature Automatic System Storage Cleaner (A.S.S.Cleaner). However, some processes were removed due to occasional file system corruption and data loss.

2. Attention Diversion and Distraction - aka - Sensitive Screen or Double tap: This is another feature I see a large number of people complaining about because they do not understand the process happening on the device. The usage monitor tracks user interaction with the device and monitors biometric feedback from the FF camera and the touch interface. This information is used to determine user mood and mental focus of the user. The Attention Diversion and Distraction process (ADD) cross references the user status information with the Application and Feature Utilization Calculator (AaFUC). The ADD then determines if the user is hypo or hyper focused on the device and/or current application. To mitigate the hypo/hyper attentiveness, the ADD actives the Action Selection Hyper Transition process (ASHT) and makes an on screen selection for you. The selection is determined by the AaFUC as an unintended destination for the user. This forces the user to refocus and adjust their level of attentiveness by one of two means.
The first of the two responses is increased focus. The user is forced to make a bad selection the requires going back to the previous menu or even the home screen. This causes anxiety and increased attention to device interaction.
The second response decreases focus. This happens when the selection forces the user to an unintended, but attention grabbing distraction. For example, it automatically selects a game or calls your mom. This redirects the user to a more relaxing experience and mitigates hyper focal interaction.

3. Digital Audio and Music Information Transcription - aka - Duplicate music files: Again, it seems people don't seem to understand. The Digital Audio and Music Information Transcription (DAaMIT) service is doing more for you than you realize. A great thing about this feature is that it is not exclusive to the 1520. It has been under development for some time and now requires very little resources, so it is available on many models. Most people do not realize that the phone is increasing the availability of music you should be listening to more. In order to emphasize usage of music you are neglecting, the device multiplies the track count for each underutilized track. This replication increases the odds you will hear the songs during random and mixed playback modes.
You may feel that the songs replicated are not your favorites and first choices of music. You would again be wrong. The higher minds have developed ingenious software that helps to determine your favorites for you. You are unaware that much of your lesser listened to music can be your favorite if it is just played enough. The DAaMIT service already knows what you should be listening to and has increased the odds of your connection with those songs. Just open your music player and hit PLAY. The phone will play all 15 copies of your almost favorite songs back to back. Soon, you will know all the lyrics to songs never loved so much.

I have just listed and described a few of the great features on your new Windows Phone device. There are quite a few Easter eggs on these phones, and I could not possible cover them all. Maybe some of you out there can shed some light on the wonderful new features you have found and how they have improved your windows phone experience.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow! We got an Apple PR guy on our side now!
Welcome aboard! Man, those beautiful acronyms, those buzzwords, nice job!

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It's cute, I giggled at the content. Definitely something I'd expect to see from a salesman trying to spin a sales pitch. :amaze:

mrappbrain

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, that's all good, but personally, Id prefer a phone without random reboots, duplicate media files, and wrong selections. When you strip away all the fancy acronyms and tech talk, that's what it is.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, that's all good, but personally, Id prefer a phone without random reboots, duplicate media files, and wrong selections. When you strip away all the fancy acronyms and tech talk, that's what it is.

Who would prefer a defective phone or want bugs.
Since you're being serious , heck no phone is 100% stable. (personally i found my 920 the most reliable yet, but who knows that could change)

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I ran multiple scenarios through my head that explained why you were emotionless and devoid of humor. All the scenarios lead to the same two conclusions. Either you are a Vulcan or a Robot. Based on the lack of descriptive rational in your post and that Vulcans are not real (sorry trekkies), I must conclude you are a robot.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Excellent post, and believable.
You had me going at first. It was only till I got to #3 before I caught on.
Great Job! Got any more?

21stNow

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad it gave you a laugh. I figured most people would get the joke by Automatic System Storage Cleaner.

I started reading this and said to myself "do they really have an official name for this feature"? When I saw your acronym for Nokia's original name, I figured that you were joking. It was a good read for my Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos