Screen Double CLick instead of swipe bug - <Closing The old thread does not fix the hardware>

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Having received a refund from amazon (love them to bits) I have to say...

Closing previous threads does not help people needing to know IF and WHEN this is fixed
I would love to buy another 1520 but need to know info on this bug firmware fix

Play fair people its not all about ranting. if you hate ranting and hate this thread then ...
Just don't read it... its simple. :?)

PS... Please don't ban me I really mean this in a nice way :?)

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen Double CLick instead of swipe bug - <Closing The old thread does not fix the hardware>

From the thread over at Nokia forums:

"? For everyone. I was also having the same problem with sensitivity so like everyone was waiting for a fix. I realized that behind the screen where the camera sits if tapped on the camera the screen would flash white. Almost like something that had to do with the camera was messing with the screen. Went to att got a new one don't have a problem with the white spot from the camera or sensitivity. All hardware and firmware versions are the same."

Essentially claims it is a hardware issue. Unless he/she is in the initial "honeymoon" period where the issue doesn't manifest itself.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen Double CLick instead of swipe bug - <Closing The old thread does not fix the hardware>

Having received a refund from amazon (love them to bits) I have to say...

Closing previous threads does not help people needing to know IF and WHEN this is fixed
I would love to buy another 1520 but need to know info on this bug firmware fix

Play fair people its not all about ranting. if you hate ranting and hate this thread then ...
Just don't read it... its simple. :?)

PS... Please don't ban me I really mean this in a nice way :?)

Does not feel like a open forum when threads are closed while been viewed by many owners, most of who are angry at how Nokia has treated this...and still doing so.

I can see reason in warning posters/closing thread....if people go on rants and swearing all the time, but if people wish to voice their anger with others in the same boat, or explain the issue from their view or even a possible work around, then why on earth close a thread.

Its like people who complain about a movie they dont like on TV, and then go on and on about it, simple thing, dont watch, or in this case dont read the comments if it offends you to see people angry at a company that has let them down.

I see the only people with God complex or in part making money from Nokia/Microsoft finding any real harm in such a thread..........which means this will no doubt be closed.

As it stands still no update, just extras and info updates over the world, no reply on Nokia support page, and they are not replying to tweets asking whats going on.

Again, the main place to voice your thoughts Re: Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity - Page 11 - Nokia Support Discussions

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Just downloaded about 9 updates and I can't recreate the accidental clicks so far. However I have glance and double tap to wake turned off.

Busy at work so can't mess with it thoroughly. No accidental clicks on wpcentral app, read it and Bing news.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Just downloaded about 9 updates and I can't recreate the accidental clicks so far. However I have glance and double tap to wake turned off.

Busy at work so can't mess with it thoroughly. No accidental clicks on wpcentral app, read it and Bing news.

If its just the extras/info update it tends to work fine for a day or two...then issue comes back, though fingers crossed for you.

No real fix....still.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Such a weird issue. Since I updated that extras/info app, I haven't had the swiping bug at all, and it was awful before that. I still do have the brightness issue though.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Such a weird issue. Since I updated that extras/info app, I haven't had the swiping bug at all, and it was awful before that. I still do have the brightness issue though.

The thing is people still buying the phone and having the issue months later, thats either lots of back stock (old batch) or its a software issue....but then again not all have the issue...only Nokia know the answer.

pkvillager

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Ok played around tons with the phone last night trying to test the issue and drain the battery (just got the phone Thursday).
I had zero accidental clicks last night. However while reading a PDF I did have lots of accidental zooms. I did not try another PDF and it wasn't a big deal but annoying. But today I have had 2-3 accidental clicks while swiping through the app store. But that was like 1 per hour as I have been trying a lot of things all morning.

I am new to the issue but I had MANY accidental clicks within the first minutes of getting the phone setup. Shame on every reviewer for not mentioning this. I am sure I had never heard of this problem from ANY professional review.

Mark Reed2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok played around tons with the phone last night trying to test the issue and drain the battery (just got the phone Thursday).
I had zero accidental clicks last night. However while reading a PDF I did have lots of accidental zooms. I did not try another PDF and it wasn't a big deal but annoying. But today I have had 2-3 accidental clicks while swiping through the app store. But that was like 1 per hour as I have been trying a lot of things all morning.

I am new to the issue but I had MANY accidental clicks within the first minutes of getting the phone setup. Shame on every reviewer for not mentioning this. I am sure I had never heard of this problem from ANY professional review.

Well its down to how long they had the phone to play with before doing the review, maybe they just never had it or noticed it.

There is a chance some reviewers did have it but put it down to a pre release model, or even a mistake made by them.

The disheartening thing is they no longer reply to questions about the fix, no reply on their page 8 days after deadline for fix they said was on the way, and now @nokiahelps do not reply to questions regarding the screen issue fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05