Poor service on Tmobile with ATT lumia 1020

yellowlum1020

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So I originally bought the international version of the lumia 1020 only to find out that the LTE didn't work. (It was also missing an accessory, but that's not really important) So I did research and found out that the ATT version works on t mobile LTE. Now my phone picks up LTE in some areas but the majority of the time I find myself in great T-mobile service areas (checked their map) and have no service. As well even my car has a T-mobile sim through the nav and it seems to be consistenly picking up better service than the phone. The GPS will have 3g and I will be on 2G (or edge). Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Anyone experiencing similar lack of service with T-mobile on the 1020? Is there a solution?

ipinsao

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So I originally bought the international version of the lumia 1020 only to find out that the LTE didn't work. (It was also missing an accessory, but that's not really important) So I did research and found out that the ATT version works on t mobile LTE. Now my phone picks up LTE in some areas but the majority of the time I find myself in great T-mobile service areas (checked their map) and have no service. As well even my car has a T-mobile sim through the nav and it seems to be consistenly picking up better service than the phone. The GPS will have 3g and I will be on 2G (or edge). Does anyone know why this keeps happening? Anyone experiencing similar lack of service with T-mobile on the 1020? Is there a solution?

I was gonna buy a 1020 but TMobile's website only supports lumias up to 920, I have not seen support for a 1020.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people try to use ATT phones on T-Mobile now that aio wireless is available.
T-Mobile prices, ATT network. Best of both worlds.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people try to use ATT phones on T-Mobile now that aio wireless is available.
T-Mobile prices, ATT network. Best of both worlds.

I didn't think AIO was outside of their two test markets, but it looks like it IS now. Lets see a quick breakdown...

ATT $50: 500 talk, text, 400 MB ($5/100 MB)
T-Mobile $50: talk, text, 500 MB (Throttle)
Aio $50: talk, text, 2.5 GB (Throttle)

Yea.........no idea. haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans