Lumia 925>>>Lumia 925 Refurbished>>>Won't Update

profbodryak

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!

I am new to the forum. I've had my Lumia 925 since November and have been running GDR3 on it. My headphone port wore out during out trip to Florida (constantly using aux cable in the car). I call T-Mobile and they send me a replacement handset that won't update and on a peek screen, the clock color looks different from my original handset. I call them again and they send me an HTC8X by mistake. I call again and I get another (#3) replacement that, when vibrates, feels like something is loose inside. Send it back too and get handset (#4) that I have on my desk right now. Same issue with the screen. Software version matches but when I go into additional info within settings the installed application list is different. For example, the refurbished handset is missing a spam-filter - a GDR3 feature I would like to use and versions of all other applications are different. I am attaching two screenshots, my apologies as they are in Russian but you can see application versions and names just fine. Also note a little "i" in a circle next to "Lumia Amber". The one on the left is my originial handset from November. The one the right is the replacement.

What's the workaround? The firmware version and everything else matches. Also, what's the deal with the screen looking different? Cheap-o replacement screen they used on it? Twice I was directed to call Nokia tech support (you can imagine how much help that was) and no solution yet. I have a week to figure out this till I have to send the old one back.

Any advice will be appreciated and thank you for reading all this. :smile:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140206_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140206_0003.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 2
  • wp_ss_20140207_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140207_0002.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 2

profbodryak

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it will solve the issue! I didn't take it to work with me but all those system applications show up within sysapp pusher! Thanks I will try it out tonight! :smile:

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, when I get a new windows phone or start up again from a full reset, it takes about a full day before updates show up. But sysapp pusher or lumia pusher can speed that up for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett