What is your "backup plan? ?

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In the event that you are a.) Tired of waiting b.) Already moving or have moved on c.) Never were interested in the Icon... What handset are you, or have you moved to and what have you moved from?

I have an HTC One, can not switch carriers and So I have no VIABLE WP alternative, and I am considering a LG G2 or Note 3 for larger screen and better camera.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
My backup plan is to wait for the Icon unless another WP with similar or better specs and of the same size comes out on Verizon before the Icon releases.

Since I've heard no news of the latter, I'm doing the former and then not thinking about it the rest of the day.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting for a phone that I can use as a radar while driving. A boy can only dream.

What do you mean use it as a radar while driving. A radar for what?

And to answer the OP's question. There is no operating system that I'd rather be on than WP8. And I will wait patiently with my Nokia Lumia 822 until the Icon, or another high spec WP8 comes to Verizon.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
My backup plan has already been implemented. Picked up a ONE got the latest update on it and like it just fine. I was set to get the icon, but grew tired of the wait and wanted something with more power and frills. I'm doubtful I'd still get the icon , and its getting more and more doubtful as the days and weeks go by that it will grab me the way the ONE has. I see no further reason to update or downgrade to the icon anymore. I do look forward to the real world user reports that will surely come once it is released. Perhaps I'll try windows phone later when something newer comes along. I'm enjoying my windows experience with my surface2 tab.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Going to evaluate my options after MWC. The one reason I like windows phone is for the audio quality on the video recording ( go to a lot of concerts). But at this point it would be worth it just to get a new phone and then bring my 928 to a concert as a video camera. The phone exists, it really just depends on my patience.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have never had a Windows phone, but after using Android and Apple devices, I decided to give Windows a try. I got even more excited about switching to a Windows phone after I heard about the Icon. For now I will stick with the Galaxy S4 and hope that the Icon is released soon. If it's not released by April, I'll probably go for a Note 3. I hope it doesn't come to that because I would really like to try the Windows phone.

Posted via the WPC App

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My backup plan is to wait for the Icon unless another WP with similar or better specs and of the same size comes out on Verizon before the Icon releases.

Since I've heard no news of the latter, I'm doing the former and then not thinking about it the rest of the day.

Pretty much this. It will come, just a matter of ......who the hell knows what.

If for some bizarre reason it never does (lets say by April) I'll probably go for an HTC One 2 or is it 8? Possibly an S5. But then again those might not be out by April either....at least not on Verizon!

The 928 is still a possibility....and a cheap one at that. So I guess I've set my personal time line at April and will decide then if the Icon has net been announced by then.

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Windows is the only OS for me. I really have never been interested in iOS and don't care for Android. And it looks like the I I'm whenever released, will be the best WP on Verizon. So still picking that and not even considering anything else.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a 928 so I'm just waiting. Whenever it's released I'll grab one. I got over the big "come on release it all ready fever" last year. I'd rather they get whatever is they are doing to it right and release it with minimal bugs.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean use it as a radar while driving. A radar for what?

And to answer the OP's question. There is no operating system that I'd rather be on than WP8. And I will wait patiently with my Nokia Lumia 822 until the Icon, or another high spec WP8 comes to Verizon.

A radar that detects laser beams and lets you know if there is a possible speed trap or Alphabet boy ahead.

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep waiting for the next Nokia/Microsoft phone if the Icon doesn't show. My Trophy is still more responsive than any of my friend's Android phones and I'm done with that platform after my tablet kicks the bucket.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep waiting for the next Nokia/Microsoft phone if the Icon doesn't show. My Trophy is still more responsive than any of my friend's Android phones and I'm done with that platform after my tablet kicks the bucket.

Truer words were never spoken, the HTC Trophy was a very dependable phone. I was almost sad to replace it with my Nokia Lumia 822, but my sister's HTC Trophy is still doing quite well for being as old as the phone is. I'm extremely interested in the Nokia Lumia 929/Icon if/when it comes out. I'm interested to see how Microsoft might be shaking the game up though come April/Windows Phone 8.1.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My backup plan is to keep using my GS4. It's a nice phone, but my HTC Arrive is far more responsive. I actually think my Touch Pro 2 was more responsive much of the time, LOL. To be fair, I really think it's all Samsung's bloatware more than a problem with the little green guy.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
My backup plan is to keep using my GS4. It's a nice phone, but my HTC Arrive is far more responsive. I actually think my Touch Pro 2 was more responsive much of the time, LOL. To be fair, I really think it's all Samsung's bloatware more than a problem with the little green guy.

In reality, how is the GS4? I've heard some pretty bad review from the people I know that have it.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
In reality, how is the GS4? I've heard some pretty bad review from the people I know that have it.

The problem is Touch Wiz. It is bloated and needs a refresh. Hardware is great as long as your okay with the plastic. Better options out there now though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb