Nokia Lumia Icon Will Go On Sale February 20th!

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
clearly you work at the MS store. Don't put your job at risk over being some source. I know that some people get fired all the time for leaking info at lots of companies...

So far the leaks have all been completely wrong, so likely no one has endangered anything. I don't work at Microsoft, Nokia or Verizon or Windows Phone Central, or Phone Dog, Or Pocket Now or any tech blog and I could keep throwing out incorrect release dates and guesses and be right eventually... It's really not that hard.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
As we get closer the guesses are probably going to get a bit more accurate but I think I trust Windows Phone Central's news much more than many other sites.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well at least this leaked date is on a Thursday. We should all know by now Verizon releases phones on Thursday, the last rumor February 5th had no hope being a Wednesday.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The only good thing about the delays is that ever store should have accessories for sale, when I got my 928 I couldn't buy a case or screen protector for at least 3 weeks.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to a Microsoft store today and was able to put in a "pre-order." It was free to put it down, I think it's really more of a "we'll call/email you when it's in" type deal. I didn't even need to specify a color. I did get an email receipt saying that I have a reservation on the Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon.

The sales associate didn't know when it'd be in, but he said very soon. He said they've been able to do "pre-orders" for the last two weeks. He also said they are expecting many accessories.

Snardle

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am new here to this forum. In any case I was hoping to get more info here on the Verizon Icon. Verizon has a new limited time individual plan..which has a great price...about $20 less than just about the same plan on ATT. Book short I was gonna jump ship from ATT to Verizon and hoped to get the Icon...but then I saw the reality...no word on it, no nothing just the rumors on and on. THEY just had the Lumia 928 in the store for a higher end W/P..MEH. I presently own the Nokia 920 and I like my 920 as far as how it looks and feels anyway better than the Nokia 928. I kept going back to this Verizon store...about 4 times in hopes of some news on the Icon. Yesterday Friday the 7th...I was almost going to jump W8 ship wooooo, and buy the HTC One as it just seems like an overall better phone than the plasticy 928...of course it's Android :( .but I thought maybe time for a change.

Long story short so the manager now knows me by name..when I walked in..she was all excited said, DON'T buy the HTC ONE. That a Nokia rep was in yesterday Friday the 7th and told her the Icon will go on sale within TWO weeks!! So the 20th sounds about right. Unless the Nokia rep was misinformed seems FINALLY this phone IS going to come out THIS month..on or about the 20th. Heard it from the Verizon store manager who by the way already has all the accessories for the Icon...so stay tuned..:smile:

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. How will the specs on the Icon/929 compare to the iPhone 5s and Galaxy S4? Is it better than those?

They will be in the same field as the 5s and the GS4, however remember that WP is a much lighter OS so it doesn't need as beefy of specs to run smooth. Android is so bloated it needs 2gb of ram just to barely get by.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
The Icon will hit the shelves on February 20th. You will be able to place a $50 deposit to preorder one at a Microsoft Store starting next week.....

I won't say how I know...but this is solid....I know many won't believe it because I don't have something to scan as proof...but we just received an internal memo stating the preorder and release date info...

Just wanted people to know

TRUEY

Confirmed: Nokia Lumia Icon: Preorder next week, due to land on Verizon February 20th | Windows Phone Central

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Now we wait for pricing. Needs to be $500 or less off contract.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

The 1020 is ~600 off contract . I have a bad feeling about buying off contract (which is what I planned on doing).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786