Nokia Lumia Icon Will Go On Sale February 20th!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I'll be checking back with them again later today. I didn't expect to get the phone in my hands but just place the order.

So you did your entire order over the phone?

At the Microsoft Store all the employees have a Windows Phone that they use to look stuff up, check inventory, order stuff, and do transactions. So he showed me what he was doing on his phone as he did it. I think he had a NL 925.

The "pre-order" I placed was really more of an "we'll call/email you when we get the phone in" type of deal. But apparently they have been able to do it for the last two weeks. I didn't need to put any money down to do it.

It's all pretty funny considering the phone still hasn't been officially announced.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
At the Microsoft Store all the employees have a Windows Phone that they use to look stuff up, check inventory, order stuff, and do transactions. So he showed me what he was doing on his phone as he did it. I think he had a NL 925.

The "pre-order" I placed was really more of an "we'll call/email you when we get the phone in" type of deal. But apparently they have been able to do it for the last two weeks. I didn't need to put any money down to do it.

It's all pretty funny considering the phone still hasn't been officially announced.

Sorry about that, Indistinguishable. After I posted I realized you meant they did it on their phone not you calling in. Thanks for the clarification.

I can't wait to head over to my store and place my "order" as well. If I go and they still don't know what they're talking about I'm driving over to Cincinnati!

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Did they hint at any sort of price?

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok I got a call from my local MS store, NJ/NYC area. I asked the store reps to call me if they hear anything.
From now till the 19th, they are taking pre orders for the Icon. You just need to put down a $25 deposit in person at the store. I plan to hit the store sometime in the next couple of days. They said they don't have a release date yet. When I called earlier today, prior to their calling me, a rep said there was a delay. So it's either the 20th or not, again! But al least you can secure your phone before then!
This is not a joke and this is true. I cannot wait to get this device!

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I got a call from my local MS store, NJ/NYC area. I asked the store reps to call me if they hear anything.
From now till the 19th, they are taking pre orders for the Icon. You just need to put down a $25 deposit in person at the store. I plan to hit the store sometime in the next couple of days. They said they don't have a release date yet. When I called earlier today, prior to their calling me, a rep said there was a delay. So it's either the 20th or not, again! But al least you can secure your phone before then!

I called mine (again) and got the same information.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

What are the benefits of purchasing the phone at the MS store vs a Verizon store? Is buying the phone at an MS store only for off-contract purchases?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What are the benefits of purchasing the phone at the MS store vs a Verizon store? Is buying the phone at an MS store only for off-contract purchases?

MSFT store is pretty awesome with returns, exchanges, warranty stuff. If they will sell me a protection plan on the Icon I'll definitely buy it there. THey have swapped my SUrface Pro 3 or 4 times w/o a question and given me free stuff for my trouble. They are really trying to make folks happy (at least at the Boston store).

VZW stores are hit or miss... many are franchised, not owned by the company, and have totally different pricing. A franchise store near me is still asking $800 for the Droid Maxxx when it is $500 online.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
With the MS store you can get a brand new phone with their $100 insurance plan for 2 years.
With Verizon I think its $10 a month and all you'll most likely get is a crappy refurb.
With the MS Store you also avoid Verizon sales reps begging you to buy an iPhone or android instead.
An all-around no-brainer in my book.

Keith Petrovich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
If it wasn't clear enough, the 928 got it's black update.. literally a day before this phone gets announced which is the first phone to come with black. It's happening tomorrow. Half life 3 confirmed

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
At this point I'm lost. There is a thread that says February 21 and a thread that says February 20... Guess it doesn't matter. Think we've dealt with September, October, November, December, January, February and March already. Can we at least say that @evleaks had it wrong with his February 5th or March 5th prediction. I should do this for a living... I can guess too!!

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Which would be exactly 3 months after the 1520 was released. Is this really a coincidence, people???

Yes, it is coincidence because you pulled that number out of your *** with absolutely zero evidence to support it. Not to mention this is NOT a 1520 variant. Give it up already.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
The next bit of craziness will be folks claiming to be the first to actually buy one. I can see people camping out in tents in zero degree weather waiting for their MS store to open so they could claim first dibs.

Wait a minute...that's right, this isn't an iPhone...OK, no tents, but maybe a cool RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is coincidence because you pulled that number out of your *** with absolutely zero evidence to support it. Not to mention this is NOT a 1520 variant. Give it up already.

Why do people keep saying this is NOT a 1520 variant when it clearly is. Every writer even refers to it as such.

So no pre-orders online? Just in-store?

avooca

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's making a comeback to VZW's site - goto the main verizonwireless.com page and search for Nokia Lumia Icon.

nli.JPG

edit: its not coming up in search results for me anymore...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb