Lumia 925 camera not working

uma1993

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I've just purchased a nokia lumia 925
when i turned on the device it was running on the amber version
now its updated and everything to lumia black
the camera doesn't work
i tried everything resetting the phone completely etc.
when i press the nokia smart cam or nokia camera or whatever the pre-installed apps are called on the phone, it just goes to the menu, or it says there was an error in launching the camera please try again.
of course i did try again many times with the same problem. i've tried resetting the camera settings under the phones settings
anyone else had this problem? also, there seems to be a really annoying whirring sound coming from inside the back of the phone.

i guess im gonna send it off for repairs but just wondering if anyone knows whether there is a solution to this and maybe its because of the lumia black update?

thanks guys

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of this issue, so it is probably a hardware one.
I guess the camera hardware is faulty. Sending the phone for a repair is the only option.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you tried everything to fix the issue and I can't think of anything else that may help.

Sending it off to repair would be the best thing to do.

uma1993

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
the camera magically started working again yesterday but after taking a few shots it went back to its old self :(
sending it off for repairs tomorrow :)

xxxLumia

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem just restarted the phone and camera came back again. I restarted the phone using the press Turn off button and Volume Down for 10 seconds routine (automatic restart).

Kickass238 GTC

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Okay, the issue with the camera is not an issue with the physical phone itself. It has to do with the updates. This satrted happening back in the amber update. Then microsoft said that the black update would fix the problem. But it didn't. The problem with your phone is that microsoft dosen't give a **** and only wants your ****** money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05