Att Unlocked 920 on Tmobile HELP!

wpceej989

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I just switched over to T-Mobile and brought my lovely 920 over. Unfortunately, I don't have great service. I've tried to talk to Tmobile service and they have been next to useless. Keep trying to tell me to go to android menus on my phone. I have couple of people I know that are on T-Mobile and have good service, they of course have mobile phones. So I ask, if any of you have a 920 and are on TMobile as well, any advice to get the best signal/service?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it should if you are having trouble when you add them manually. I have my Rogers 920 working well on T-Mobile and used Access Point.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just ported my daughter's 920 from ATT to T-Mobile. Now she can't send/recv text pics, or group messages. From what I read, there are also problems with internet sharing when moving a 920 from ATT to TMob. I'll try loading Access Point this evening. She doesn't use internet sharing, but I do, and don't want to port my 920 till we get this figured out.

T-Mobile said they couldn't guarantee all features will work if you move an ATT phone. Funny they don't tell you this before you switch.

I wonder if we will ever get future updates since T-Mob doesn't sell the 920 for their network.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Just ported my daughter's 920 from ATT to T-Mobile. Now she can't send/recv text pics, or group messages. From what I read, there are also problems with internet sharing when moving a 920 from ATT to TMob. I'll try loading Access Point this evening. She doesn't use internet sharing, but I do, and don't want to port my 920 till we get this figured out.

T-Mobile said they couldn't guarantee all features will work if you move an ATT phone. Funny they don't tell you this before you switch.

I wonder if we will ever get future updates since T-Mob doesn't sell the 920 for their network.
I think using developer preview you can and did you try this thread...http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/251258-3.htm

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did see the foreign sim fix, but thanks for reminding me. I'll try that on my phone if needed.

For my daughter's phone.... SUCCESS!!!! All I did was have her install the Access Point app and her MMS and group messaging started working. I thought I'd have to setup APNs but I didn't do anything!

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually AIO, being a subsidiary of AT&T, is not faster. You may get a secure connection, but it is not faster. The D?L is capped at 8MB's. It's written in the fine print if you look for it.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually AIO, being a subsidiary of AT&T, is not faster. You may get a secure connection, but it is not faster. The D?L is capped at 8MB's. It's written in the fine print if you look for it.
It is faster than trying to use an ATT phone on T-Mobile, your speed without LTE would be measured in Kbps instead of Mbps.
And even with T-Mobile phones their oversubscribed towers will only give you any speed at 2am. And that's when you can even find coverage.
AIO with ATT phones really looks like the way to go.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If you think about it, do you really need any more than 4 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up on a mobile phone? If you need anything faster, I just use my home PC.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It is faster than trying to use an ATT phone on T-Mobile, your speed without LTE would be measured in Kbps instead of Mbps.
And even with T-Mobile phones their oversubscribed towers will only give you any speed at 2am. And that's when you can even find coverage.
AIO with ATT phones really looks like the way to go.
This is all BS

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Help me out, what is AIO? Price is same as what?

Posting "This is all BS" is not helpful at all... why is it BS?

AIO Wireless is a new subsidiary of AT&T. They use AT&Ts network, and AT&T phones work perfectly on AIO, even most of the locked ones.

Their prices are almost identical to T-Mobile, if a little cheaper as AIO includes all taxes and fees while T-Mobile does not.

Worth checking out.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Help me out, what is AIO? Price is same as what?

Posting "This is all BS" is not helpful at all... why is it BS?

AIO is a MVNO of AT&T List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aio Wireless

What the other guy was saying wasn't completely correct. First, AT&T does have better coverage nationwide than T-Mobile. You really need to test T-Mobile in your area to see if the coverage is good. I am in Chicago and T-Mobile coverage here is good everywhere I go. I get good data speed on 3G+ and LTE anytime of the day, even using the refarmed 1900mhz band

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss