Downgrading NOKIA LUMIA 920 from Black update to Portico Rom

Luck Flores

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay guys I've been searching for the camera of my LUMIA 920 to be fix since the Amber update and unfortunately no luck at all, So I decided to go back from Black update to Portico update and BAM! the camera is just so amazing again! I have NOKIA LUMIA 920 from At&t and I got so excited about the camera stuff that Amber brought through the update and I rushed to get the Amber update and I followed (Juan6996 ) tutorial to upgrade from Portico to Amber but the camera just lost the sharpness so I tried to update from amber to black update and still no luck . What I did is from Black update I downgraded it from Rogers portico update ( I didn't try At&t because they said It's not possible).

STEP 1:
Download Nokia Care suite Nokia_Care_Suite_5.0_2013.49.3.30
copy and paste the usergroupconfig here C:\Program Files (x86)\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0
If you're using 32bit windows it should be like this C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Care Suite\Product Support Tool For Store 5.0
STEP 2:

Download Navi firm ( you will use this to download the roms that you want I donated 4bucks so that I can have the full version)
Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone
STEP 3:

Download the Rom for your phone ( I have rogers installed on my phone since amber and black update so I decided to download rogers portico because I have Rogers LOL)

STEP 4:

After you download the Rom from the Navi firm it will automaticaly go to to the navi firm folder , so open the folder named FW and rename the folder that you downloaded to Rm-820. ( Im from north america by the way that's why Im using RM-820, if you don't have RM-820 folder create one) then copy and paste the file here C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-820

STEP 5: ( Credit to Games Goblin on this Part!)

Open the Nokia Care Suite program,
Open Product Support Tool for Store 5.0.
In sign in window, select Care Suit External from dropdown box and click Sign in.
In menu bar, click File ---> Work Offline
Then, In menu bar, click File ---> Open Product
In filter box, type RM-820 and select RM-820 (Nokia Lumia 920) from the list and click open.
Now in bottom left corner, click on PROGRAMMING ---> RECOVERY

Now click start and wait for the screen with the lumia 920 picture.
After that your phone must be off when you plug your phone you will feel a short vibration and then click the retry buttoon on the screen
and wait untill the downgrading is finish.

Credit to Games Goblin for the Step 5 Instructions! :) I hope this will help you guys. Cheers!

Last edited:

Luck Flores

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately no. I'm so sad about this I hate to go from black update to portico but the camera is bothering me that's why I decided to downgrade my Lumia 920.

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I did the same..from Black to Portico..It's really big difference when you compare the photos specially in low light conditions. Although I miss some of the new features and applications offered by the Black update but this is one of the reasons I bought this phone,having a good camera..

Luck Flores

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That should work just choose nokia lumia 720 in nokia care suite and download the proper files in navi firm. For the before and after photos I dont have the time to do it bro I'm sorry. I dont want to go back from portico to amber or black update then go back to portico again lol

Luck Flores

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
The portico is the one before the amber update 1232.5962.1314.0000 the amber update is the one that has like this xxx.xxxx.1326.xxxx it has 1326.

Eknes

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You should because not many are willing to downgrade just because better camera. I would like to see if pictures are sharper than amber and black...

bitrate

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I just bought and received a Lumia 920 yesterday. It appears to not have been updated and is still on Portico. I'm guessing I should hold off on updating? The camera is one of my main reasons for choosing this phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb