Flashing unbranded firmware

hahaha10000

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys
I have a uk EE lumia 920. If I was to flash a unbranded uk firmware, would this cause me any problems, for example would carrier specific features such as data sense stop working? And would my phone get proper updates?

Thanks

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Flashing it to the Country Variant UK firmware would not stop future updates (like WP8.1 and any future Nokia firmware releases). You would still receive them fine. In fact, that's one of the main benefits in going to an unbranded one, as you tend to get the updates much sooner, especially where EE are concerned, who are not known for their speedy update releases.

With Data Sense, I'll have to leave that to someone else to answer who is currently using an EE sim, but have flashed their phone to the CV firmware. I couldn't say for sure as I'm on Virgin Mobile which is an MVNO, so it runs off the EE network, but I'm not a direct EE customer.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have an EE 920 which I flashed to GB CV and I have a fully working Data Sense and all other bits and bobs which were on the stock f/w. I did this Pre Black and now with Black have Data Sense. I switch between Orange SIM, T-mobile and '3' SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo