LUMIA 1020 battery drains heavily

frostyfurious

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 1020 battery's draining so heavily ( 94% - 8 hrs remaining ) i tried doing the soft reset, disabled all the background apps, turned off the settings, at last even did a hard reset and installed all the apps again and after two days it still on to the same issue... :crying:
Anyone facing the same issues ? :unhappysweat:

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah to my experience, the prediction is not always correct. When I put my phone to battery saver and flight mode, only a percent drops every 9 hours (that too on a 620, with the smallest battery capacity). If that rate continues, my battery could last days, even a couple of weeks, but it always shows 1 day 15 hours.

Senrir

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 1020 battery's draining so heavily ( 94% - 8 hrs remaining ) i tried doing the soft reset, disabled all the background apps, turned off the settings, at last even did a hard reset and installed all the apps again and after two days it still on to the same issue... :crying:
Anyone facing the same issues ? :unhappysweat:

Its due to the apps you installed. One of them is faulty. Try to find that app preventing Your mobile to not go into sleep mode and problem will be solved. Again via hard reset - and not installing the faulty app.

greyowl99

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
don't know if your problem is linked to the general one of unexpected periods of very high battery drain on win 8 phones. There's a lot on wpcentral forums on this esp for the 920/925. I have a Huawei w1 which was fine for 4-5 months consistently lasting over 2 days before it needed recharge- and this with a lot of net use etc. The battery drain always seemed smooth and proportionate to my usage. Then about 2 weeks ago it started dumping power 'randomly'. It would lose 10% in about 30 mins when I was doing nothing - so some processes are obviously running in background. I have kept wifi, blutooth and location services off for many days now but still get these problems. Phone signal is good and hasn't changed here, over the past year, at home where the phone mostly is used.

I have uninstalled all apps that I remember installing over the last month except for Here maps etc ( and updates ) to see if I can recover performance. If that doesn't work I will do factory reset and start again - adding apps in small groups at a time.

There seem to be several 'remedies' posted that a lot of people seem to find have worked but this is an annoying issue that squarely belongs to MS and which they need to address. One of my reasons for switching to win8 from android was the longer life I could get from the battery - and that was my experience.

I will post here if I get anywhere or not ( in a few weeks ) - it might be useful since it isn't a Nokia phone and so the Nokia specific updates aren't relevant.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall everything, then try reinstalling apps one at a time, just like greyowl99 said. Then, try updating to Lumia Black or Update 3, whichever of the two is available, if you haven't yet.

Of course, you should also try a quick soft reset. If everything doesn't work for you, try a hard reset as your last resort.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried if it still drains when on flight mode over the night? If it does, something is wrong with the battery. And FYI, the battery status is not accurate at all on Windows Phone. Even the latest update 3 has not fixed it. Sad.

waltzik

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-intouch-nokia-background-process-issues.html . My friend read the link to the post i uploaded yesterday. I was having the same Issue and got to notice an app on the background process was the cause if i switch my phone off and back on my battery stat report 1day and 19hrs on 43% battery i had at that moment then after some time all of a sudden going back to the battery stat in the setting shows me i have 7hrs for 43%. i tried having battery saver to on always (under advanced setting) and switched off & on the phone it was at 1day 20hrs for about an hr but switching the saver off again after few minutes battery stat went to 8hrs on 42%..... so i concluded it was an app.

1st i unistalled my foursquare switched off and on back after some time battery dropped significantly from 1 day plus to 6hrs
2nd i uninstalled metrotube & whatzup app and switched off & on... at the moment of switching on my battery stat was at 24% and i woke this morning to see my battery stat is at 22% with a day and 4hrs of use still left.

So my verdict is that whatzup app or metrotube is the culprit of this drain but am putting my money on whatzup app cause its the only app that has reason to unnecessarily be in the background process always but i think the implementation is not very good.. And these four apps i switched off where app that could still run in background even if they were blocked.
n.b i dont have any battery app installed and i use a Lumia 1020 as well..... so try going through this processes i did and see if your battery problem will solved.

Also i have try all apps i have installed now and battery seem to be holding up fine. Have never had the battery this good before. At moment i have only two apps running in background weather and facebook beta. And will try reinstalling foursquare and metrotube and see if thing stay same . will reinstall whatz up app last to know if problem comes back for certain

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140211_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140211_0001.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 30

Gagavital

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
actually it is normal!
it is a OS bug I think or an App which makes processor work hard!
sometimes , my phone ( Lumia 1020 ) starts to heat up while on stand-by!
we should find the wrecked app!

tejedor1967

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
My guess is that everytime you make a picture the xenox flash is being charge even with the flash set to off. That's the reason because making pictures drains the battery of our 1020s so badly.

Again... that is my guess. I have no way to probe it.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 and get a full day out of it with 2 emails set to always sync, all background task are on, glance screen set to always, Bluetooth and WiFi on all the time. I don't charge my phone over night. I get to 14 hours and I still have 50%. Then I'll put it on airplane mode at night and charge it in the morning. If it doesn't get to 100% charge, it'll still last me the day. Problem for you could be low cell signal, either 4G or LTE or 3G. Mostly low 3G or 4G will do the damage to the battery.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I think its an app..or the housing that is faulty...same happened to me ..when I cracked my screen... I decided to replace my screen and housing as both got damaged... my battery life was very good... but after housing change I would get weird battery drain issue.. I had no apps installed...still battery lasted only 14 hrs with the phone doing nothing. when I installed my org housing battery life was back to normal....soo people who getting battery drain for nothing u have an faulty housing...now iam using red housing and battery life is as good as orginial housing..soo my 2nd yellow housing was faulty...there are version in housing also

Gagavital

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Guys I think its an app..or the housing that is faulty...same happened to me ..when I cracked my screen... I decided to replace my screen and housing as both got damaged... my battery life was very good... but after housing change I would get weird battery drain issue.. I had no apps installed...still battery lasted only 14 hrs with the phone doing nothing. when I installed my org housing battery life was back to normal....soo people who getting battery drain for nothing u have an faulty housing...now iam using red housing and battery life is as good as orginial housing..soo my 2nd yellow housing was faulty...there are version in housing also
what do you mean housing?????

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a L920 and I had no battery issues until I moved to a 4G contract. I have noticed a big different if I switch to 3G max connection. Maybe try the same.

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
First off, every Nokia I have owned, and my friends and family have owned, has some bug where a piece of hardware or software stays open or on after closing or turning it off, the most common fix is to turn off the phone for a few minutes and turn it back on. I also use an app called "Battery" that will tell me with a Toast notification if the battery is draining fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo