Poor Battery life in 820

rajthilak

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought Lumia 820 the day it was introduced in India. I like the overall mobile and the operating system. But the battery life is now almost killing me.

Now a days i am charging it thrice a day while some others using the same mobile are telling they charge once in two or one and half day. This is seriously annoying me.
I am a hard user of mobile. My bluetooth(i use bluetooth headset), mobile data(i use mob internet and all my mails, fb, twitter configured), location(i want photos to be geotagged) wifi(i want mob to be connected to wifi when i near my home/friend home).

If all these facilities are switched off, then i will start thinking that there is no use of the smartphone. Because i use all these very regularly.

The problem here is, my battery discharge speed(as per the app "Battery") is always more than 5.85% per hour.(my other friends mob always is below 4% per hour).
I dont play game or stream movie.

Is this discharge speed normal? are everybody feeling the same as me? or there could be any problem in my mobile?

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
S.Rajthilak

rajthilak

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Background tasks are almost stopped. Here maps, whatsapp, mails are only allowed. I will try turning off vibrate.

Thanks mate.!!!

justusfernz

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Battery problem is there and the discharge rate is 6-7% in normal usage and jumps up to 16-23% while playing games.. Any how i have to charge this fellow once in 12 hrs... My background tasks include watsapp and chat services. I use mobile data 24*7 and wifi, Bluetooth is always off. I heard about MPJ batteries having 2500 mah but dono how far we can trust...

Vol4til3

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi rajthilak
Unfortunately as I have found out the L820 really has poor battery life. It is not really that it has a high discharge rate but that it has a low capacity battery (1650mAh) for the demands of the 820. And from the features you use I can infer you are a heavy user and require all features turned on. Don't really buy into Battery saving "tips" and "battery saving mode" it is little less than a pacifier and robs you of all the neat features you are supposed to enjoy that makes your phone a dynamic ecosystem HUB of a phone.

Nokia should have released the phone with a larger capacity battery that is a fact that no-one can hide from or any "tip" can solve, I have done stress tests on that battery { turned on Wi-Fi,bluetooth,location services,screen brightness high,music on,volume high,skyped and browsed and the way the battery drained was unbelievable} and I have found it useless for heavy users but decent for low to average users, who of course are patient enough to have the phone on a charger constantly. Nokia released other versions of the L820 but with bigger battery which goes to show what a blunder they made.

I would highly recommend getting this [HLI-820XL] Buy Mugen Power 3600mAh Extended Battery for Nokia Lumia 820 with Battery Door a bit pricy and is fatter than your default battery and comes with its own back cover but the rewards will justify all that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss