Failing to wake

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
My 8x has been failing to wake from sleep recently and its very annoying!! I have to hold the power button down to make it reset.

I have GDR3 on and it has happened with data off and all apps killed which makes me think its a system process.

Is there any way to diagnose the crash?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No ability to diagnose things as far as I know.

Try a soft reset -> Hold down volume and power button until the phone vibrates then let go. You may need to reset your time and date.

If that doesn't work then there's only a hard reset after that.

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
No ability to diagnose things as far as I know.

Try a soft reset -> Hold down volume and power button until the phone vibrates then let go. You may need to reset your time and date.

If that doesn't work then there's only a hard reset after that.

Does a soft reset just refresh windows phone OS but keep my files?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Does a soft reset just refresh windows phone OS but keep my files?

A soft reset doesn't erase any files. It just resets some some settings. Which is why I mentioned date and time.

I always recommend a backup before doing anything with your phone if you haven't done one before.

A hard reset wipes everything.

jason2234

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I've done a soft reset and a hard reset but there is still something making my phone fail to wake quite frequently. Last night it did it while charging no data on and just now data on using it normally.

I've just disabled all the background tasks to see if this works. Any thought or ideas to what I can do to figure out what's going on? Otherwise I have just over a months left to wait for 8.1 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro