can't delete temporary files

didyoupostme

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
hi, can you guys help me...??
i can't deleted my temporary files (on GDR3), i'd try to deleted it for more than a hour :unhappysweat:,
and still didn't work, my phone still on progress!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
it does not completely remove the temp files , try to delete internet explorer history, it will help you a gaining a lot of free space, and regarding the gdr3 phone storage , it seems like buggy or it works like this ;)

didyoupostme

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
thanks dude for your reply,
but after i got an updated to GDR3, my temporary files is 308 mb and still keep growing untill today,
the issue is i can not deleted this temporary files, even 1KB :angry:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
thanks dude for your reply,
but after i got an updated to GDR3, my temporary files is 308 mb and still keep growing untill today,
the issue is i can not deleted this temporary files, even 1KB :angry:
I have the same 280MB on my Lumia 920 and 312MB on 520 , its normal since these temp files include saved games , cache files , etc. that OS requires.

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Well, that seems to be great... But do you mind if i ask you to wait for a while before taking the screen print (say 20-30 seconds)? What makes me to ask this is the appearance of the 5 little dots on the top of the image which says process in progress. Even my phone shows 0 bytes when i goto this temporary files screen. But once the process is complete, i see ~300 MB.
If it does show zero after the process is done, then thats really great :)

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Temporary files cannot be deleted completely. The reason being:

1) Some files may be in use.
2) IE cache is maintained for faster browsing.
3) Pictures uploaded to SkyDrive(Soon to be called OneDrive) are stored and pics uploaded more than 14 days ago are deleted.

For a phone with internal memory of 8 GB and about a GB of free space left, anything between 20-200 MB of temporary files is normal.
For a user who installs a lots of apps may see more temporary files.
For a user who has say for ex to big games installed and less apps(Ex Asphalt and Halo will take up almost most of the internal memory space), its quite normal to see less temporary files.

In the end the temp files size will vary from phone to phone depending on usage.

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
you can change your date to something around 2025 and go to storage check and clean temp files....I got rid of temp files and others size by this....at least this is how it is worked for me in my 620...don't know how it works in GDR3....mine 620 is still stuck in GDR2 don't know when Black update will be available :cry:

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It works on GDR3+Black as well. But I refrain from using this method. I've noticed that if I advance the date, I don't get the calender reminders. I mean the reminders for birthdays which are synced from my Hotmail and Facebook account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans