Lumia Icon Promotional Videos

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So can I order this thing today or what - what the hell is happening, ugh Verizon, I hate you, but you keep me attached with your grandfathered unlimited plan

Jeffrey Davidson

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from the Microsoft Store in Indy. You could pre-order the white or the black. $25 down-payment, and I'm all locked in now.

I did realize that I hadn't really thought color through before they asked me. Looks like I'm going white.

fonefan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from the Microsoft Store in Indy. You could pre-order the white or the black. $25 down-payment, and I'm all locked in now.

I did realize that I hadn't really thought color through before they asked me. Looks like I'm going white.

Did they have any on display?

Posted via the WPC App

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Fellow Hoosier! I'll be going there after work.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
They did not, and the rep that I got didn't do anything to suggested that he knew anything about it. He took my info, then went to the computer to "Look up the SKU". After that, they charged me the $25, and then gave me a recipt.

I don't get how they can take preoorders for something and not tell the price.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Got this from an article on a well known site. I'm not saying where because the reviewer is clearly an anti-WP *********. But this is why it was named the Icon:

Nokia’s not exactly hiding its ambitions with the Lumia Icon, the new $199 5-inch phone it’s launching on February 20th with Verizon. "We want people to really remember this product," Ifi Majid, Nokia’s president of North American marketing, told me. It has no codename, no number: it’s just Icon. The 5-inch device is meant to make clear that Nokia builds phones better than anyone on the market, and that the Windows Phone software it runs isn’t nearly the detriment it once was. This is Nokia’s flagship phone on America’s largest carrier, with a great camera and specs as impressive as the Windows Phone ecosystem has ever seen.
Verizon customers, Majid said, need a great way to see what Microsoft and Windows can do. That comes back to the name: "We wanted reps to remember the device," he tells me, "to talk about the device."

This is a big swing for Nokia. It’s working closely with Verizon to get the $199 Lumia Icon in front of as many people as possible, and Majid tells me Microsoft’s marketing for Windows Phone is about to spike. But for third-place Windows Phone, the stakes are high, and they’re clear: Verizon, Microsoft, and Nokia need to create a device that’s truly iconic.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Jealous. I am so green right now. Just the perfect WP8. I am happy for you all on Verizon, annoyed at AT&T. The L1520 is a great device- and just not my cup of tea in size. I want this thing. I would pay the $150.00-$200.00 on contract for this. I need the L1520 to drop down to a bargin rate to talk myself into it.

Sigh.... Jealous.

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've ignored news of this phone because I've not seen any mention of a UK release. To be honest, I saw Verizon and stopped looking after that.
Curiosity got the better of me and I thought I'd take a look at what the fuss is all about.
End result...

I want this phone!!!!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Jealous. I am so green right now. Just the perfect WP8. I am happy for you all on Verizon, annoyed at AT&T. The L1520 is a great device- and just not my cup of tea in size. I want this thing. I would pay the $150.00-$200.00 on contract for this. I need the L1520 to drop down to a bargin rate to talk myself into it.

Sigh.... Jealous.

In two months we will see the same specs in a phone with curved sides that will be for AT&T. Don't worry, it's in the pipeline already, haha.

But AT&T will screw the pooch and leave out QI still.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb