No Glance support?!!!

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Does the 1520 have glance/double-tap? Because theyre essentially the same hardware. So if it does then something else went wrong and I'm guessing it was software. Which means there could be a fix, so thats good news?

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the 1520 have glance/double-tap? Because theyre essentially the same hardware. So if it does then something else went wrong and I'm guessing it was software. Which means there could be a fix, so thats good news?

yup, the Icon is a weird one.

I just don't understand. any phone theoretically would support double-tap-to-wake, nearly all of them do since its just keeping the touchscreen powered all the time.

Now glance I'd understand if they used an el cheapo panel, but they didnt. It's an AMOLED.

My guesses are that Verizon had some odd demand
the features are being worked on and have been foregone for launch to appear later in order to ship earlier
there is a weird bug with the hardware (since it IS a country/carrier specific, probably had less resources devoted to it) that breaks one or both, something that Nokia doesn't see a straight-forward solution for and is chipping at it

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I keep seeing no glance/doubletap. Glance I can give up but double tap? I have to believe it will have that. We are not going backwards are we .....

Yes it should have basic features that old phones have on day one.

slowburnaz

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone keep acting like it will NEVER have Glance support?

Does it really HAVE to have it on day one?

Well, considering every other high-end Lumia with the same screen technology (and even some LCDs) has it... yes. This is supposed to be a flagship device.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Look, I really don't care who buys one and who doesn't. It will just be sort of sad/funny when it has Glance a week after launching.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Look, I really don't care who buys one and who doesn't. It will just be sort of sad/funny when it has Glance a week after launching.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

And that's when ill buy it them, MS and Nokia need to get there **** together before I'm gone for good, just one excuse after another blah blah blah idc

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone keep acting like it will NEVER have Glance support?

Does it really HAVE to have it on day one?

I don't think it needs to have it day one as long as they officially say one way or another if it's coming.

If it's a feature you want, it would be foolish to spend your money just assuming it will show up. See the FM Radio and the 928......

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmmmmmm. Same screen type as 928 but no glance... 1520 same processor, camera, led flash and memory but different screen tech and has glance...
I wonder if this was the underlying culprit of the 928 screen freeze issue...
I should turn off my glance to see if my screen stops freezing up...of course I have to admit, I've been freeze free for two weeks now and I love glance.

Last edited:

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that Nokia was not happy with the battery life when Glance was enabled, so they scrapped it until further testing/updates would gain better battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think this is something that will get added in the near future. If you all know Verizon like I do coming from a long list of Androids. If something isn't quite right then they will either delay the device or simply have it removed. I honestly believe that's what has happened here. Ive had many of androids that have been crippled or falls far behind on updates due to their long waited approvals.

With that being said id also like to add after watching all the unboxing videos, I must say I think we all were a little wrong on Verizon not being behind this device 100%. With the big waterproof/air sealed pelican cases, big Verizon and Nokia literature, bright red lights and red headphones screaming Verizon, I must say that was over the top and pretty sweet. They wanted to catch everyone eyes and make a statement and I think they did a great job so far.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think this is something that will get added in the near future. If you all know Verizon like I do coming from a long list of Androids. If something isn't quite right then they will either delay the device or simply have it removed. I honestly believe that's what has happened here. Ive had many of androids that have been crippled or falls far behind on updates due to their long waited approvals.

With that being said id also like to add after watching all the unboxing videos, I must say I think we all were a little wrong on Verizon not being behind this device 100%. With the big waterproof/air sealed pelican cases, big Verizon and Nokia literature, bright red lights and red headphones screaming Verizon, I must say that was over the top and pretty sweet. They wanted to catch everyone eyes and make a statement and I think they did a great job so far.

it would make sense that there was some problem with glance last year and they spent a couple if months trying to fix it but finally gave up and disabled it, figured no other phone but Moto x has this so why worry

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Meh I never liked Glance, but I live and breathe double tap to wake! Definitely not a deal breaker though lol those things are too silly to pass up an extraordinary phone! (especially for what I think is a cheap off contract price of $549!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)