8x performance

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all

My 8x has before and has started again to stutter.
Example:
Screen is off, press the power button, swipe up, type in pin, then say click messages and you can see it stutters. In words it has a bit if lag and the loading off the messages from start screen is not smooth.

I have tried soft reset, restarting the phone, disabling all the apps.

I have around 2gig of space although it did get down very low at one stage.

Any input or anyone else got the issue?

Regards

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had it. I have had mine since November 15 2012 and it still runs fast. I play heavy games on it as well as have several apps that helps me with finance and such.

Have you dropped your device?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had it. I have had mine since November 15 2012 and it still runs fast. I play heavy games on it as well as have several apps that helps me with finance and such.

Have you dropped your device?

thanks for the reply, its only just after turning on the screen, other than that works fine.

Its happened a few time and had a few replacements over my time having it and they were the same too and no never dropped it its always in a pouch in my pocket.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my 8x back in December 2012, and it runs just fine, the only problem I had with it is that the storage ( other storage ) fills up very quickly and I had to hard- rest it twice since that time.
since you had this problem even when you replaced the unit many times, I think its an app that you are using often which may cause this problem.
Do you get this problem from the 1st day of use or after a while?

Martin hfd

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
It's probably just the size of your inbox... If you sms a lot (I know I do) :D It tends to slow down while reading content... I had the same problem but all you need to do is do a proper clean of your mailboxes... I believe it should help!

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Does it do it under flight mode, or if you set it to keep wifi on when in standby?

A stutter after coming out of standby could perhaps be the 8X negotiating and reconnecting with the wifi network?

Laurie Comrie

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My unlocked 8X is 11 months old and running well on Rogers, except the gps unit puts out wildly variable elevations. The mapping seems to be fine, but elevation varies frequently from actual at 1300 m down to 200 m and back. Skiing, hiking and climbing apps can't accurately calculate elevation changes, and I have tried 4 or 5 of them. I've asked HTC to replace the phone, and I understand they have had trouble before with their gps units. Anyone with similar problems and hopefully a fix?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro