Facebook & Voice Recognition

Maurkus

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
One of the handiest features on Android smartphones was being able to do Facebook chats via voice-to-text instead of awkward typing. Since I got this 520, I have been unable to enter Facebook chats (or even Posts) via voice-to-text. Has anyone figured out which apps accomplish this goal.... or what settings to tweek?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
One of the handiest features on Android smartphones was being able to do Facebook chats via voice-to-text instead of awkward typing. Since I got this 520, I have been unable to enter Facebook chats (or even Posts) via voice-to-text. Has anyone figured out which apps accomplish this goal.... or what settings to tweek?

Do you not use Facebook through the native texting/messenger functions? You can use voice to text there, the native client is how I always use FB Chat (only downside is no group chats) but I never really use voice.

I do not know if there is something better....but I know there is a work around that has been around for a while now. Your FB account has a specific telephone number that allows you to text a message and it will post it. Just add that number to your address book; voice-to-text to that number and there you go.

Maurkus

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
When a FB chat message first comes into the phone it briefly flashes the sender at the top of the phone......If I quickly pull down on it.... I enter a screen that DOES allow me to use (and correctly reply to) voice-to-text functions. I just wish I knew how to get there or rather the program or window used. Thanks for your info...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon