One of the handiest features on Android smartphones was being able to do Facebook chats via voice-to-text instead of awkward typing. Since I got this 520, I have been unable to enter Facebook chats (or even Posts) via voice-to-text. Has anyone figured out which apps accomplish this goal.... or what settings to tweek?
    02-13-2014 03:45 PM
    One of the handiest features on Android smartphones was being able to do Facebook chats via voice-to-text instead of awkward typing. Since I got this 520, I have been unable to enter Facebook chats (or even Posts) via voice-to-text. Has anyone figured out which apps accomplish this goal.... or what settings to tweek?
    Do you not use Facebook through the native texting/messenger functions? You can use voice to text there, the native client is how I always use FB Chat (only downside is no group chats) but I never really use voice.

I do not know if there is something better....but I know there is a work around that has been around for a while now. Your FB account has a specific telephone number that allows you to text a message and it will post it. Just add that number to your address book; voice-to-text to that number and there you go.
    02-13-2014 04:41 PM
    When a FB chat message first comes into the phone it briefly flashes the sender at the top of the phone......If I quickly pull down on it.... I enter a screen that DOES allow me to use (and correctly reply to) voice-to-text functions. I just wish I knew how to get there or rather the program or window used. Thanks for your info...
    02-16-2014 01:53 PM