Lumia 1020 Camera Unfocused Since Update3 + Black

Dxe316

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Lemme state,

I love my Yellow 1020. But every time an update comes out I feel like something cripples my phone.
With the Amber Update, my reception would drop to 1 or 2 bar - if i got reception at all. (Problem was fixed via patch)
And now with the Black Update, my camera is consistently taking unfocused, blurry pictures.

Ill upload two sample screen shoots of what I am referring to.
Is anyone having these problems?

acilsan

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not encountering your issue (mine is international version though) but have you tried:
1. Soft reset: press and hold power and volume down button (for 15 seconds) at same time, or
2. Uninstall and reinstall nokia camera

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
No problems here, Nokia Camera has had 2/3 patches since black as far as i am aware although i cant see a difference. Hoe are you focusing? Are you zooming at all?

As for the signal, you realise the bars don't mean anything? This is on ALL mobile phones. There is no "unit" as to what a bar represents, and like when you held an iPhone5 in your left hand in launch certain conditions could cause the signal bars to disappear, but the signal remained (albeit the user did not know), but as you say this bug is now fixed.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's related to GDR3, but I was just on here looking for other people who also have focusing issues with the 1020. Previously it never had trouble, but now even in perfectly bright settings it seems like it will just give up on focusing. It doesn't even get close. It's like it defocuses and goes out of range, and then quits and takes the picture. Every once in a while (after like 5 tries) it gets good focus. I'm wondering if it could be something mechanical.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same unfocused issue when I start the camera, but if I tap the screen it focuses normally and I am able to take a shot. This issue occurs whether I am launching camera or nokia camera and both experience the same unfocused effect.

sban85

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
this was the response from Nokia Support. I am doing this, will report if it is fixed. Only autofocus for camera seems to be affected, autofocus works fine in video mode and works fine if using manual adjustment or clicking on a point on the screen to set focus:

Thank you for emailing Nokia Careline.
We understand that you are having an issue with the camera application on your Nokia Lumia 1020 as sometimes, it does not focus and the initial image through the viewfinder is blurry. You have also mentioned that you have already performed a soft reset, hardware reset, reset the camera settings, and uninstalled and re-installed the applications. To help you with this, we suggest to perform a software recovery.
To download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, visit the link below:
Support - - Nokia - USA
If possible, you should make a backup of your phone’s data before using this tool.
Proceed to the link below for the complete steps on how to back up your phone files:
Back up my stuff | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
Ensure that you have set up your Microsoft account to synchronize your contacts.
Once you have downloaded the tool on your computer, connect your device using the USB cable that came with the phone. Follow the instructions shown on the tool. The latest version of your phone software will be installed, and your phone will restored back to the factory settings. This process may take some time depending on your internet connection, and you cannot use your phone during the installation.
However, if the issue persists, may we suggest contacting first your point of purchase for possible replacement depending on their rules.
In the event that they are unable to replace your phone, please send it to our repair service center to have it assessed.
In addition, we only have one Authorized Repair Center in the United States and it is located in the address provided below:
NOKIA REPAIRS
4330 North Sylvania
Dock Door 1
Fort Worth, TX 76137
We would like to remind you that to send your device to our repair center, you may need to fill-out the repair form on our website. The provided information will be used for the proper process in shipping your device to our repair center.
Furthermore, your Nokia device comes with one year warranty from the date of purchase. However, physical and liquid damages are beyond warranty coverage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss