ATIV S Image Retention (burn in)

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Yikes.

I got my ativ s in July of 2013. Just now I set it to a white background and loaded up some app or something. And as the blank white screen came around real quick, I noticed at the bottom are three distinct circles burned in. I spend the most of my time in the texting app (wife, coworkers, family, friends, etc). So the three circles that are there at the bottom have burned into my screen. They're not overly prominent, and on a dark screen it would be unnoticeable, but just wondering if anyone else has this??

I have auto intensity off, background set to white, and am running white screen, color images, etc, hoping to get rid of it. I'm sure it's permanent though D:

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ugh, well that sucks.

Yeah, an evening of trying to wash it out didn't work. Looks like I'm done with OLED screens next time around.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not a problem for me but then if you leave the messaging app open with the screen set to never turn off then that would be a problem. LCD displays suffer from the same thing, keep the same image on screen for too long and you get burn in so you can't blame AMOLED for it.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed i got the same thing. Three circles to the bottom of the screen.. I'm pissed. Cause i,like using the white background for a change. 😒

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99