New to WP8 looking for apps

rtojohnny08

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
NEW 1520 coming Monday! Cant wait!
Im coming from Android so i downloaded the switch to WP8 app...while not perfect it did find replacements for some that i have. However there are some that i need help with and am curious what WP has to offer to replace some, they are below and any help or input would be greatly appreciated!:

JEFIT PRO - workout app

keepassdroid - password keeper

google keep - notes type app

key ring - holds all my rewards cards

Thank you in advance for the help!

rtojohnny08

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I have looked through the app store was just hoping for some possible user input on the ones i listed.

Ive never used one note before, the company i work for is using office 2003, i will definitely look into it though.

Thanks again

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
OneNote is the way to go for notetaking. Its very comprehensive and will be preinstalled on any WP (its a MS app)

Wallet is good for reward cards, credit/debit cards ect (another preinstalled one)

There are many apps in the Marketplace for password keepers/organizers. However, I simply use OneNote for this too.

Deekfit Gym gets great reviews for a gym app. It has a tracker for your workouts and other stuff too.

While the media likes to keep bashing WP for a lack of apps, its not really true. Yes, it has less apps (still in the 100,000s) but what's there is mostly very high quality. I'm an ex-Android user too and ive never felt I was missing out. The overall user experience is much better with WP.

Enjoy your 1520. I'm jealous!

rtojohnny08

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I will definitely try these out. After holding and playing around with the 1520 at the store i just ordered it, just from the short hour i spent with it there is no comparison to anything else i have used as far as the OS goes. Just my opinion but i'm very excited about what lies ahead with windows phones.

I had blackberry and went to the galaxy note when it came out, didn't regret that move and moving to windows phone is an even smarter move.

Thank you for the input!

Last edited:

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I am always amazed more people don't give OneNote a try. It has awesome functionality, really too much to list and I love being able to pin pages or notebooks to the start screen.

anon(5352534)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend Fidme for reward and loyalty cards... it integrates with wallet app (preinstalled) and has a huge database of rewards memberships...

For notes, nothing comes close to Onenote and there is also evernote and note plus.... I personally recommend onennote though...

For fitness I like the entire series of Hardfox apps... I personally use their 6 pack and tabata apps... Just search for hardfox... Other favorites are 6 week training and Gym PocketGuide...

For password manager I use password padlock

All of the apps I suggested are free in the store... Enjoy...

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
For password management try Sky Wallet, it even has SkyDrive integration. To replace key ring, go with FidMe. Hope that helps and welcome to WPCentral!

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
These don't relate to the needs that you identified (although I will also put in a plug for OneNote), but to me they are absolutely crucial for enjoying my Windows Phone.

1. "Maps" from developer Mohammed Adenwala (free). The Bing Map UI is hidden by default on Lumia phones, instead making you use the HERE Maps interface. As the latter seems sluggish, inefficient, and less intuitive than the former, I need an app that restores the Bing Map UI. That is what this app does.
2. "Stop the Music!" from developer Boodev (free/0.99). When you play music on your Windows Phone, the song remains on your volume bar until you either a) play a different song, in which case that one will stay there; b) reboot your phone. This app stops the song from showing on your volume bar.

Flavio76

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Password, ---> last pass... Wonder why no one mention, crossplataform, windows, Linux, ie, chrome you name it...been using for more than 5 years

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So obviously you usr keepass darabases. Unless you want to transfer all your PWs to another app I recommend 7Pass. It has SkyDrive integration so you can download your .kdbx works completely offline too so once you download your keepass database you dont have to keep your keepass database on your skydrive in the cloud. Very secure. I HIGHLY recommend it for any Keepass user with WP

Truman82

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Don't know how is the interface on one note, but I will miss the simple interface Keep has..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Im coming from Android so i downloaded the switch to WP8 app...while not perfect it did find replacements for some that i have. However there are some that i need help with and am curious what WP has to offer to replace some, they are below and any help or input would be greatly appreciated!:

JEFIT PRO - workout app

Your WP replacements in Bold.

JEFIT PRO - workout app
Running Mate
Gymbuilder Pro
Runtastic
Endomondo
Adidas miCoach

Password Padlock

OneNote
EverNote

Wallet

Dishant Agrawal

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Apps of WP8 for you :-

Adidas miCoach, Runtastic PRO, Running mate - workout app

Password Padlock (syncs with SkyDrive), Enpass Password Manager (syncs with Dropbox) - password keeper

OneNote (it comes default), Evernote, Note+ (for taking quick notes when you are in hurry/emergency) - notes type app

About your reward cards & coupons apps, i don't know about that stuff because I search online for that thing. This is all I can help you. You ordered a beast. Enjoy!!!!!!!

frankly1100

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

JEFIT PRO - workout app

JEFIT:
BodBot is there for tracking multiple workouts, not just bodybuilding. Almost all of Runtastic's
apps are currently in the Store. Endomondo is available as well, though I'm not sure that's exactly what you're
looking for. ProGym is a little more comparable to JEFIT since it is mainly for logging strength training and bodybuilding
workouts. BeFit is more of a workout generator than logger, but it does track your workouts.

Befit
BodBot
Endomondo
ProGym
Runtastic

KeePassDroid:
There are a few passwork managers currently available but my app of choice is Enpass. Seriously the best at storing
and syncing your passwords. Its cross-platform, with apps on Android, iOS, and BlackBerry 10. Its desktop app can also
import from other password safes like 1Password, SPB Wallet, mSecure, eWallet, and of course Keepass. Though it doesn't
have SkyDrive backup like other popular choices, it does provide backups to Dropbox. Though if you don't want your info
in the cloud then you have the option of keeping everything offline, as I do. But you'd have to program each password should
you want to switch devices. Totally worth the money. SplashID Safe is also available. As someone else suggested, there's also
Sky Wallet which syncs to SkyDrive.

Enpass
Sky Wallet
SplashID Safe

Google Keep:
We all know Google apps aren't available but OneNote is by far my favorite option on Windows Phone. Simple but handy
with automatic syncing just like Google Keep and it comes pre-installed. Of course other options are the much more feature packed Evernote. There's also
NoteBot with SkyDrive sync. There's also Papyrus if you intend to use a stylus with your 1520, its a nice note pad which
jumped over from Android when the 1520 was announced. FastNote Pro is also a worthy mention, and its a beautifully designed
app, also with SkyDrive sync. Write is a dead simple, clean note taking app though I'm not sure if it has SkyDrive sync or not.
InNote is another stylus focused app for the 1520.

Evernote
FastNote
InNote
Papyrus

Key Ring:
Though I don't use this sort of app, a quick search brings up two popular and cross-platform options, FidMe and CardMobili.

CardMobili
FidMe

Also, though not what you were here for, I implore you to download these apps from news sites to keep yourself updated with everything new and exciting in the Windows Phone (but also Windows/Xbox) world:

WPCentral
WinBeta
Windows Phone Insider

Last edited:

Denegar

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
JEFIT Pro - No idea. My workouts consist of opening bottles of wine.

KeePassDroid - Both 7Pass and MetroPass are compatible with KeePass password databases. I use both on my phone; one for my personal passwords and one for my work passwords, as I have different SkyDrive accounts at home and work, so to keep each synchronized separately this was the best solution. Both apps support synchronization via SkyDrive and Dropbox, but neither is perfect in this. 7Pass has conflict issues sometimes, and MetroPass requires manual re-downloading and uploading. I prefer the interface of 7Pass, but MetroPass seems to be getting more attention from its developer, and there's a "Modern UI" (aka "Metro") version of MetroPass for Windows 8 and Windows RT.

Google Keep - Microsoft OneNote, especially if you use SkyDrive, because then you can access your notes on any Internet-connected device. There are OneNote apps for Windows desktop (Microsoft Office) , Windows Modern UI, Windows Phone, iPad, iPhone, and Android, as well as the OneNote web app (part of SkyDrive).

Key Ring - Nothing available impresses me right now, but Windows Phone 8.1 will include this in its built-in Wallet app, so maybe just wait until that comes out in April this year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans