Am i Crazy or is the Built-in WP8 Camera app out performing Nokia Pro and 1Shot

Gilbert Marcoux

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well when Skydrive decides to stop being a POS and let me upload full res photos directly from my Lumia 1020 , I might consider using it. Only sheep-like fanboys give blind allegiance to an inferior service and I didn't think that's what we embodied in this forum ;)

dougplanet

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say that you're not crazy. The middle picture does have more life to the foreground. At the same time, it also has a more blown out background.

Lately, I've been using the default camera as my 'default' (activated by the camera button), just because it's faster, and does a good job for quick snaps, and switch to the Nokia camera when I want the extra control.

dougplanet

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The default camera is a decent app in its own right. In a situation like your sample, it shows. The background lighting is more blown out than the other two, but that's fine in a case like this. Of course, if time permits, finer controls are better, but for spontaneity's sake, I'd rather have the extra time to snap more pics, and the default camera opens over twice as fast, as well as has less time between shots.

I still use the Nokia Camera on a regular basis, it's just not my 'launch from camera button' app, though it is pinned to the start screen . ��

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
nice , so the stock camera captures more decent photos ,
btw you can upload full high-resolution images on skydrive for this go to phone settings ->swipe to applications ->photos+camera->in auto upload section select SkyDrive ->in photos selection tap on best quality(need Wi-Fi) and same for videos if you want to :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It still won't upload the 30+MPX photo. I even tried to do it manually with a 1Shot photo

:p my bad you have a Lumia 1020 , I should have noticed your profile image silly me :p I have a Lumia 920 , so SkyDrive does upload full high resolution images ;) and the comparison was just for fun , I know Lumia 1020 will smoke iPhone's camera

Gilbert Marcoux

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
it does in low light. In daylight photos though the iPhone's pictures have the better colour reproduction as well as white balance. I also find they don't over soften like the Nokia Pro cam does as well (and to a lesser degree the built in WP8 camera). It seems that Nokia's sacrificed daytime picture quality for better low lowlight pictures. Something they seem to have corrected on the Lumia Icon (from what I saw in Phone Arena's review) at the cost of it's low light abilities.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Same issues on my lumia 920 , that's because of new camera algorithm made by nokia for pureview camera hardware. Hopefully they will change it with windows phone 8.1 with new firmware update ;)

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
default camera is pretty great for a stock camera. I had photos of sparks, one taken with stock and another with Pro cam. stock cam trounced pro cam

RainbowSeven

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
LOL I also prefer stock camera for casual "fast" shots and I was surprised how good they are especially in low light (!!!), counterintuitive but true...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre