best place to buy Icon off contract?

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's looking like a Microsoft Store will be your best confirmed bet, until we figure out which Verizon Store's are actually going to carry it, if any.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The only brick and mortar stores that sell the Icon would be Verizon and Microsoft. Best Buy will get them but probably no sooner than a month after release. Then you have like Newegg and amazon and whatnot if you go online.

amhdez

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I’m just curious what the point of buying off contract is? If the phone cost 200 on contract and 550 off contract, it doesn’t make much sense. The most you have to pay to end a contract early on Verizon is 350, so why not just spend 200 bucks on the phone and if you want out early then spend the extra 350 down the road. I understand if you want to hold on to unlimited data, but other than that i see no reason. Not trying to call anyone out, I’m just genuinely curious?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I’m just curious what the point of buying off contract is? If the phone cost 200 on contract and 550 off contract, it doesn’t make much sense. The most you have to pay to end a contract early on Verizon is 350, so why not just spend 200 bucks on the phone and if you want out early then spend the extra 350 down the road. I understand if you want to hold on to unlimited data, but other than that i see no reason. Not trying to call anyone out, I’m just genuinely curious?

Well, if you are mid contract or want to keep unlimited data, then you have no choice but off contract. And like 95% of us are in that position right now lol.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Quick reply is because I'm in college and I'm not the owner of my plan. I'm mid contract and I don't want to add more time or pay to remove the contract. I don't have unlimited data, its just easier, id have to pay pretty much the same to cancel and buy on contract, and then I got another 2 years to wait. This way when my contract ends I won't be in dire need of a new phone and can just wait for Verizon next flagship.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

How can you "just spend 200 bucks on the phone" if you're mid-contract? If I canceled early at $350 and made a new contract, it would cost exactly the same to just buy the phone outright. This would then set me back another two years. If I buy off contract at $550, I'll still be able to get a new phone in about a year and sell this badboy to put towards my next phone, whatever that may be. I honestly probably won't do this since I don't feel like throwing $550 down on a phone when my 8X is in pristine condition, but it's worth dabbling in the idea.

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store will allow online orders, off contract once the phone is in open release on the 20th? I asked that question to the Microsoft Chat Rep who told me he finds out information at the same time I do... He said "they tell me nothing."

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Tat3rs10

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Microsoft Store will allow online orders, off contract once the phone is in open release on the 20th? I asked that question to the Microsoft Chat Rep who told me he finds out information at the same time I do... He said "they tell me nothing."

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I need to know this as well. If I can't buy off contract online on the 20th then I might make the 2 hour trip to my nearest microsoft store...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo