Please help me make a choice

Dhafir Fayadh

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Guys
I'm android user and i really started to hate my galaxy s 3 and decided to switch to IOS or WP8, i have iPad and happy with it so I'm familiar with iOS and my brother is happy with his iPhone but on paper and from the search i made its camera is incomparable with lumina devises. I like like 1520 more than 1020 because its cpu and 1080p display that i think it will handle future tasks more efficiently. I know this WP forums and you you guys will be biased to 1520 over iPhone. i like 1520 more than iphone but afraid i will regret it because of lack of apps like tango and Pinterest, etc and the quality of apps in the marketplace which i read many users complain about in their reviews.
Do you think i should believe in Microsoft and the future of WP.

Thanks in advance

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Buy an iPhone. I only say that because you have reservations. I never buy anything if I have doubts about it. I love WP, will never buy anything else, but I have no doubts.

Last edited:

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Me, I use a Lumia 920 occasionally as a phone, mainly as a GPS & music player. I have a Nexus 5 because of the same issues you mentioned. So if you're ok with buying a phone and waiting 1-3 years to be fully satisfied with it, go ahead. If you don't have that kind of patience, get an iPhone and try WP some time later.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want a firsthand experience, maybe you could dip your toe in the water with the 520 and later upgrade if you like it. I found the app situation often blown a tad out of proportion, but it still exists and is significant.
You can browse the store at windowsphone.com so you can see whats in the store there.

I believe in the future, and i would recommend you do too, but at the very least, give it a look/shot in some way.

But still, if apps are paramount over the experience and ecosystem, iOS may be the way to go.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Only real bad thing about the iphone to me is it's size. I would choose an android over it because of that. I love the 1520, because of the size and what it can do. I am not worried about tomorrow, it will come. And in a little while there will be another really hot phone everyone should own. So if you have doubts, then go with the iphone.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Guys
I'm android user and i really started to hate my galaxy s 3 and decided to switch to IOS or WP8, i have iPad and happy with it so I'm familiar with iOS and my brother is happy with his iPhone but on paper and from the search i made its camera is incomparable with lumina devises. I like like 1520 more than 1020 because its cpu and 1080p display that i think it will handle future tasks more efficiently. I know this WP forums and you you guys will be biased to 1520 over iPhone. i like 1520 more than iphone but afraid i will regret it because of lack of apps like tango and Pinterest, etc and the quality of apps in the marketplace which i read many users complain about in their reviews.

Thanks in advance

Yes believe in WP. Make the switch,
I did that a few months back from iphone and miraculously most of my favorite apps appeared. But be patient and use alternative until your favorite apps arrive. WP is on the rise. What the heck. If WP is a flop in (3) years you can always go back to iOS or Android.

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Some questions to ask yourself and how to better understand what fits your need.

1. What are you trying to get away from? Android or GS3?
A. GS3 - Get a Note 3, and curl up in the warm belly of your google overlord.
B. Android - Run and don't look back. WP8 and IOS are great alternatives with different benefits.

2. What do you hate about the GS3/Android?
A. Does an IPhone correct the issues you have with your GS3?
B. Does a WP8 correct the issues you have with your GS3?

3. What is your current user ecosystem?
A. Are you vested in apps with your iPad that will benefit getting an IPhone?
I. You into iTunes?
II. You need unified environment and conformity?
III. Accessories and docks abound. Plenty of support from third party manufacturers

B. Are you vested in Microsoft and will benefit from getting WP8?
I. Desktop, Laptop, Surface owner?
II. Do you want to bring MS services together (Win8, WP8, Xbox, Office) and deal with a developing ecosystem?

4. You like WP8 and want a Nokia right now? Forget processors, ram, blah blah..... Three suggestions:
A. Get a brand new 520 for dirt cheap and see if MS is going where you want to go. Very low intro cost and plenty of free apps/services to get you a decent WP8 experience.
B. Lumia 1020 is a great camera with a phone strapped to it. The display is decent as well and you should enjoy using it.
C. Lumia 1520 is a great display with a phone strapped to it. The camera is decent as well and you should enjoy using it.

Now, my opinion of the WP8 and IOS experience.
People who get an iPhone are not surprised in what they get. The experience on an iPhone is what Apple has designed for you and you use it if accept it. No effort needed to maximize the iPhone user experience.
People who get Windows Phone don't always take the opportunity to make the device their own and miss the real user experience. Be sure to set your live tiles based on a two part concept:
1. What applications do I use a lot.
2. What info do I need quickly.

chriszorn

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Guys

Thanks in advance

Check out this pinterest app: pin.it | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)