Can't receive MMS messages on Lumia 1520 with AT&T Straight Talk Sim

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking everywhere for that last few days and it seems others have had this problem and fixed the issue but I can't get any to work. I have messed with my APN settings and I can send pictures but I get that annoying "Get Media Content Now (32kb) message that does nothing when receiving them.

Here's my settings in Access Point.
WP Access Point settings.jpg

Now the good people at Straight Talk feel it's best to avoid the problem because It's not a straight talk phone but I know their are those out there who have solved this problem and maybe someone can give better input into the solution.

I have been on here and see others have corrected this issue but I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.

Help me internet, you're my only hope!

MRKV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well after messing around with different settings all day I finally got it fixed. What worked for me was going back into the regular cellular settings menu after using the access point app, editing the mms apn setting and using mms3.tracfone.com for the WAP gateway and 80 for the port.

Now I cant say for sure but it seems like the access point app doesn't overwrite all the settings in the cellular menu. I do know for a fact that some of the MMS/data issues are on their side though. Before today I had no data at all with all the appropriate settings filled in. I then went to their site and used the live help feature, gave them all my account/sim info and they asked me to reboot the phone (which I had done several time before this mind you). I do it anyway and low and behold when it comes up again LTE is lit up and the data worked fine without me changing a single thing.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had issues with the 1520 on Tmo. I had the right settings in AP and cellular. The problem was that the duplicate settings were somehow conflicting. After entering the settings bin AP, try deleting the settings for internet and MMS in Cellular.

ii_am_manny

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my htc 8x. I have tried all possible apn and mms settings but to no avail. its no use talking to straight talk c.s, they will only frustrate you

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So yeah, randomly it started working on it's own a few days later. I complained to ST and after a few times I just let it go and started living with it. Now I get pics so everything is the way it should be.

Ryan Kedar

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
set up the APN as tfdata.
WAP Gateway (URL) value should be mms3.tracfone.com.
WAP Gateway Port value is 80.
MSSC (URL) value is http://mms-tf.net.
MMSC Port value is 80.
Username and Password should be blank.
IP type is IPv4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre