Need help with 1020 charging solution

ipecek

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've had 820 with DT-910 for a while, and I decided to upgrade to 1020. I sold the 820, but I decided to save DT-910 for the new phone.
So far, only thing I'm missing is wireless charging shell to have the same functionality as before, and that's where the problem is.

820 had the full cover with wireless charging feature and the phone could fit in most TPU cases wearing that QI cover.
1020 has only a shell that attaches to the body and that's causing me a headache cause I'm trying to figure out how to protect both 1020 and the wireless charging shell.

I am using Speck Candyshell with my 1020, and to charge it wirelessly I have to remove the Speck case, put on the wireless charging case and reverse the process when the charging is over. That takes time, and the Speck case would get worn out from all that switching every day. I don't want to buy a new Speck case every few months because of that.

Question #1: Are there any TPU or similar cases that would hold the phone with the wireless charging case and not stand in the way of charging?

Question #2: Are there any upright stands similar to DT-910, even with micro USB, that could hold 1020 with Speck Candyshell or similar TPU case? So far I could find only ones that could fit the phone without the case. I really like the Glance feature and I would like to charge my 1020 in upright position.

Help! :)

ipecek

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

ipecek

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have mine in Speck case and it sits ok, but it can be easily knocked off the stand. I wish there was something bigger on the base of the stand holding the phone in place.

Another question. Has anyone thought about tearing the 3066 charging shell apart? I was thinking about buying it, tearing it apart to get the important bit out and then put it in my Speck case.

EDIT: Just stumbled upon a thread here with the DIY charging...

Last edited:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have mine in Speck case and it sits ok, but it can be easily knocked off the stand. I wish there was something bigger on the base of the stand holding the phone in place.

Another question. Has anyone thought about tearing the 3066 charging shell apart? I was thinking about buying it, tearing it apart to get the important bit out and then put it in my Speck case.

EDIT: Just stumbled upon a thread here with the DIY charging...

I don't think it'd be worth tearing one apart...but it looks like in the thing I posted above there are two pins in the USB plug...you could just cut off the USB plug and connect those pins directly to the two contact points on the back of the 1020, under your case.

What was the other thread you found?

ipecek

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This guy here did exactly what I want to do. Doesn't seem too complicated, but I'm looking for a coil now. Looks like it's impossible to find without buying an actual CC-3066 case and tearing it apart. I really hate destroying anything that I paid for, but I guess I'll have to buy one.

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
In my own case, I've tried to pair my 1020 with DT-910 through NFC without success. I watched a youtube video on pairing with the wireless charger, but it was a wrong one for the phone shown wasn't 1020. Does anyone know how to pair 1020 with DT-910 via NFC?

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I've just got it! But i didn't find this feature interesting at all. Why do I have place the upper edge of the phone on the charger to open an app? I just don't see any purpose for this.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've just got it! But i didn't find this feature interesting at all. Why do I have place the upper edge of the phone on the charger to open an app? I just don't see any purpose for this.

You can use it to open a specific app, like alarms or a desktop mode...so you could leave your phone up like a clock, or maybe even a chat client...or whatever.

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I see. But i can do the same by launching the app in the normal way and it's even more convenient for me. That's the point.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I see. But i can do the same by launching the app in the normal way and it's even more convenient for me. That's the point.

Options, my friend. Options :)

Obviously it isn't really faster than having a tile pinned on your top row...but it gives you the option to unpin that tile so you can save space; making it more convenient for others.

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my own case, I've tried to pair my 1020 with DT-910 through NFC without success. I watched a youtube video on pairing with the wireless charger, but it was a wrong one for the phone shown wasn't 1020. Does anyone know how to pair 1020 with DT-910 via NFC?

I know this is much later than your original post, but this is what I'm looking for. Were you able to do this ever? I just got a DT-910 and have zero luck with the nfc pairing. Anything? Anyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786