How to pin Emails+Accounts on the window screen?

Piyush Khemka

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally removed the default emails+accounts pin from the main Windows Screen ( has an envelope as an icon) . Now how do I pin it back to the main Windows screen? The option to pin it is not available. I also do not want to do a hard reset of the phone.

-dEaa4ryQHZhopRD2TBIXXtv.png

^ Look at the icon on the top right beside the phone with an envelope symbol, left of the store pin

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No need to reset the phone.

Swipe to the application list and you'll find the email account listed there (Google Mail, Outlook, Hotmail). Do a long press and select pin to start.

Piyush Khemka

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
No need to reset the phone.

Swipe to the application list and you'll find the email account listed there (Google Mail, Outlook, Hotmail). Do a long press and select pin to start.

The emails+ accounts is NOT listed in applications in lumia 720

Plus I do not wish to pin every email account individually.

Lumia 720 came with a default pin that had an envelope icon. It opened the list of all emails and accounts in my phone. It is available in Settings>Email + Accounts. However a long press on the Email+Accounts does not show the pin option.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 720 came with a default pin that had an envelope icon. It opened the list of all emails and accounts in my phone. It is available in Settings>Email + Accounts. However a long press on the Email+Accounts does not show the pin option.

Do you have carrier specific phone? As I've never run into this option before.

Piyush Khemka

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you have carrier specific phone? As I've never run into this option before.

No. I purchased it online on flipkart.

I think it is specifically for Lumia 720 because I have checked with friends who own a 710 and 820. They have an application called mail. Lumia 720 doesn't.
Do you own a 720?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No. I purchased it online on flipkart.

I think it is specifically for Lumia 720 because I have checked with friends who own a 710 and 820. They have an application called mail. Lumia 720 doesn't.
Do you own a 720?

No. Bit odd that they have specific apps for your phone. I have L920 and never heard of this function.

Lakshay Kumar

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Swipe to the applications menu. There, you'll see your account for eg. I have my outlook and gmail accounts linked, so i have "Linked Inbox". I hold it and the usual menu pops up and there is the option "Pin to start"

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Daniel Winn

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Email+ Accounts is only in settings, not the application list.

So you have multiple email accounts that you want to "link" or group and have a single icon. If you don't know what you named your account(s), find that under settings, email+ accounts.

Now, go to application list, the name of your email account will be listed like an application. Open this email inbox. Hit the ... and then choose "Link Inboxes". Choose any/all email accounts you want linked (single icon), rename the grouping from option at bottom (notate this) and close out.

Go back to app list, your grouped inbox will be listed with given name, hold down and pin to star.

Piyush Khemka

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Email+ Accounts is only in settings, not the application list.

So you have multiple email accounts that you want to "link" or group and have a single icon. If you don't know what you named your account(s), find that under settings, email+ accounts.

Now, go to application list, the name of your email account will be listed like an application. Open this email inbox. Hit the ... and then choose "Link Inboxes". Choose any/all email accounts you want linked (single icon), rename the grouping from option at bottom (notate this) and close out.

Go back to app list, your grouped inbox will be listed with given name, hold down and pin to star.

I can't find any email accounts listed like an application. Neither are there any email related applications. The only way to access them is via settings>emails+accounts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro