Switch from 2G to 3G

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
umm does your region supports 3g if so it will displayed in go to phone settings->mobile network->mobile network -> in highest connection speed select 2G or 3G , if 3g is not shown , its not yet supported by carrier in your region or you need to activate it by dialling 121(contacting customer airtel care service ).

Sarbuland Yatu

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Dear I know how to switch between also my area is good to 3G coverage even activated also net pack recharged problem is when I switch 2G to 3G E stays for long period then H or H+

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
hehe same here in New Delhi , that's because 3g is not yet completely accessible , the network takes time to get strong signal for 3G , in same areas like while I am traveling via Delhi metro and I try to turn on 3g , it shows E(edge connection for a long time ) , suddenly it changes to H and then H+.soon 4G will be speculated here in India. btw I am a Vodafone user

Sarbuland Yatu

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hmm but on my android phone switch works in touch and go..bdw last weekend I was in Delhi and airtel 3G was working smooth while switching from 2G....

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
In settings phone updates there was option to tick about notification of updates available but it's missing after resetting

They seem to have removed the option. I guess phones automatically check for updates, but you can choose to download them at your convenience.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this is nothing to do with signal strength. When you switch from 3G to 2G the phone instantly drops. Great. When you switch back, even in a great reception area (I am in the city of Southampton in the UK), it will not switch up from 2G straight away. In fact it can take a very long time. This is only an issue for Windows Phones (poss only Nokias?) as my old android does this fine. This means we end up wasting battery whilst on WiFi by keeping in 3G mode when not need. Very eco. This is a long term bug and has been with my 820 since release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss