Can't see SMS text on nokia lumia 1020 -make sure you change date/time after soft reset-

marr313

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

a quick one to save anyone the frustration I encountered today. If you've done a soft reset and are experiencing this problem. Simple......ensure you change the date/time back.

before I realised this simple fact:

• Woke up to find my 1020 had crashed overnight.
  • I did a soft reset to fire it back up
  • I noticed the time had changed so I reverted it back to normal time

following that i assumed everything was fine until i recieved my 1st text message, it flashed up on the banner at the top of the screen so i saw part of it breifly. It did not register in my inbox and was essentially lost/invisible nowhere to be seen. i tried various things all day to my frustration none of them worked. It wasnt until I tried an app related task on the phone later in the day that a message was displayed on screen "can't complete task as date" is before something or another, cant remember but then it clicked! check the date. so I changed the date which was 7 months shy, back to the current day and as quick as that, problem solved.

Now I don't usually post these types of things and it may appear an obvious solution to a lot of people however if it saves someone else the frustration I've experienced today then that can only be a good thing.

Finally I phoned Nokia twice (was hung upon 1st time round) before i fixed the issue myself. I explained in detail the problems I was having, it strikes me as unusual how such a simple solution wasn't suggested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers