Nokia Lumia Icon Bugs and Defects

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia Icon has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[NOTE]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/NOTE]

Remember to keep your posts as descriptive as possible so that we can try to help you fix your issue as quickly as possible!

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's a bug but my phone won't charge with with the wall charger if it's plugged into the wall. It'll charge at first and then stop. If i use the same USB cable and plug it into my computer then it will charge.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if it's a bug but my phone won't charge with with the wall charger if it's plugged into the wall. It'll charge at first and then stop. If i use the same USB cable and plug it into my computer then it will charge.

That sounds like a problem with your adapter, the thing that goes into the wall. Or the outlet itself. Not your phone.

barkins

May 13, 2013
Visit site
[Quick disclaimer, I'm very particular about this sort of stuff.]

Owned the Icon for about 4 hours now, here's what I noticed. When messing around with the Nokia Pro Cam, the phone got really hot. Almost to the point of burning your skin hot. I was also downloading a bunch of the Podcasts at the same time, not sure if it's related.

Second thing I noticed, the keys are not consistently lit up, this was the same thing on the Lumia 928. Not biggie, but just bad quality control in my opinion.

Lastly, when pressing down on the back of the device, it feels like inside back is sticking up against the battery pack and then quickly unsticking making a squishy noise. It seems there's a bit of room between the inside back of the case and the battery. Once I receive a case for the phone, this will become less noticeable I hope.

slowburnaz

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
[Quick disclaimer, I'm very particular about this sort of stuff.]

Owned the Icon for about 4 hours now, here's what I noticed. When messing around with the Nokia Pro Cam, the phone got really hot. Almost to the point of burning your skin hot. I was also downloading a bunch of the Podcasts at the same time, not sure if it's related.

Second thing I noticed, the keys are not consistently lit up, this was the same thing on the Lumia 928. Not biggie, but just bad quality control in my opinion.

Lastly, when pressing down on the back of the device, it feels like inside back is sticking up against the battery pack and then quickly unsticking making a squishy noise. It seems there's a bit of room between the inside back of the case and the battery. Once I receive a case for the phone, this will become less noticeable I hope.

Sounds like it might be the Qi coil unit that's giving way.

ObviouslyLost

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My start button seems to be much less sensitive than the back and search buttons. I'm not sure if this is intended or not. It wouldnt even work when I had it in an OtterBox. I figured the OtterBox was the issue, but I'm not so sure now. I can lightly touch the start button and it wont do anything. After lightly touching it i can press it all I want to no avail. If I remove my thumb/finger from it for a few seconds, then touch it a little harder, it will work fine. Is this intended or should I revisit vzw?

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed. In settings, even though "find my phone" is on, it says off. When I toggle it off it still says off in the settings screen.

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Noticed the "find my phone" thing as well. If you first set it to "off", back out of it, then go back in and set it to "on", it seems to take.

palaudawg

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been having Bluetooth radio problems. The audio and speech quality is choppy and broken. I have had a poor experience when streaming to my Yamaha receiver, using my hands free built into my Toyota and on my Bluebuds-X earphones. I had no issues before that when using the same devices with my L928. I hope its only a firmware fix that's needed. Anyone else having similar issues?

UPDATE:
A soft reset (Power+Volume) did the trick. I am so relieved. The Bluetooth radio is working great!

Last edited:

anon(5316299)

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I've been having Bluetooth radio problems. The audio and speech quality is choppy and broken. I have had a poor experience when streaming to my Yamaha receiver, using my hands free built into my Toyota and on my Bluebuds-X earphones. I had no issues before that when using the same devices with my L928. I hope its only a firmware fix that's needed. Anyone else having similar issues?

You may have a device issue. Was streaming BT in car yesterday and this morning with no issues.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing with the Battery app (From Enless Soft) that after some regular phone use, the "time remaining until power off" will go from a day to as little as 2,3, or 4 hours. A reboot of the phone fixes the trick, but it's scary to see. I don't trust any of these battery apps anymore. The only reason I like the Enless Soft battery app is that it has shortcuts to mt Wi-Fi, location, data, and airplane mode.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing with the Battery app (From Enless Soft) that after some regular phone use, the "time remaining until power off" will go from a day to as little as 2,3, or 4 hours. A reboot of the phone fixes the trick, but it's scary to see. I don't trust any of these battery apps anymore. The only reason I like the Enless Soft battery app is that it has shortcuts to mt Wi-Fi, location, data, and airplane mode.

I don't trust them either. I use Battery Performance and it says my battery size is 3400 mAh

JjonesWI

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
BlueTooth isn't auto connecting in my car like my HTC did. Actually when I first paired it it only set up voice, not audio. Did it a second time and everything worked well. Then when I got back into the car later it wouldn't pair without going through the entire pairing process again. Kind of a drag. Anyone else? Any advice on fixing it? I want to sit down in the drivers seat and have everything paired and ready to go without doing anything just like I had before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3