Wireless charging on 1520

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have just bought a 1520 sim free on amazon as my 920's battery was really starting to get on my nerves.

I am a little confused by wireless charging on the 1520, I have the Nokia wireless charging car cradle (wouldn't recommend it), and I had heard from somewhere that you need to use a wireless charging cover to use it, and in some videos the phone has 3 silvers connector dots on the back for a charging cover, but... Mine doesn't have those connectors for a wireless charging cover, and appears to work as well on the car cradle as then 920 did (i.e not very well, but if you get it at the right angle it works ok).

What's the story here? Is this a country specific thing?

Joman776

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I think that the connector dots are only on the AT&T version in the US. International versions of the phone have the charging built in

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep. It's a "Country" thing. The AT&T version is only version made for the USA market has the 3 dots....

Thanks. Does that mean that the AT&T version is lighter? I think this is already pretty light considering the size, I am aware that it is heavier than the 920, but it somehow feels lighter, whenever I picked up the 920 I was conscious of how heavy it was, but when I pick this up I think its light... Perhaps its a perception thing, my brain thinks it should be heavy because its so big, but then gets a surprise. Also I suppose being noticeably thinner than the 920 helps to make it feel lighter than it is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos