Think Verizon will put it up for ordering online tomorrow?

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if Verizon will put it up for ordering tomorrow, or will they put it on the website Thursday for Friday delivery...got my Incipio DualPro case today and I'm ready to trade up from my 928 to the Icon. I think I read one of you guys say the stores may only have black in stock Thursday anyway....I'm gonna grab a white one.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know this as well. They are releasing in two days and STILL don't have it on their site. Very poor support from Verizon.

pdxrunr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's funny reading about all the experiences around the country with Verizon corporate stores. I guess the stores in Portland, OR are better than most. A week ago I asked if they would put 3 aside for me and they said "sure, not problem", but it's not 'official yet'. I go back in today to make sure I will have 3 on Thursday and they said, "want to see one"? We got some in today and they are all ready for Thursday. Took one out and powered it on for me! They were even talking about how nice of a phone it is, etc, etc, etc. Never in any visit to that store has anyone said anything but positive things about WP to me, nor tried to talk me into something else. I also saw the two fake demo units going on the floor as well. About as positive of a customer service experience as I could ask for. I had just come from the MSFT store and got the same experience, minus seeing the actual device early. Here is one positive note about VZW :)

IdemanEric

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know this as well. They are releasing in two days and STILL don't have it on their site. Very poor support from Verizon.

This is just more proof that Verizon lacks even basic marketing principles. You DON'T keep a product secret, after its no longer secret. You DON'T pretend it doesn't exist, after people have it in their hand and it's already available on another site. You DON'T allow your sales reps to look blindly in the eyes of customers and tilt their heads like little puppies about something that they are trying to sell. Amazing!

This whole experience has been so surreal that at this point I don't even care about the phone. I will order it from Microsoft, but I think now I need to journey over to whatever forum contains Verizon employees and have a long discussion about what being a professional means. I never really purchased a phone on launch date other than an iPhone and you can say what you want about Apple, but they are at least on their game... Reading these forums is comical or sad, depending on your perspective. I run a business that employs 40 salespeople. I'd fire ANY of them that gave me the answers I hear from this forum.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I was chatting with a rep yesterday and for some reason I thought today was the 20th. I was asking about my options to upgrade as far a edge and the new more everything plan. I let her know I was planning on switching my 928 for an Icon so she gave me my options according to my account and I kept referring to tomorrow(19th) as the release date and she never corrected me. She even said when you order tomorrow these are your options. Maybe she just forgot the date like I did.lol

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I was chatting with a rep yesterday and for some reason I thought today was the 20th. I was asking about my options to upgrade as far a edge and the new more everything plan. I let her know I was planning on switching my 928 for an Icon so she gave me my options according to my account and I kept referring to tomorrow(19th) as the release date and she never corrected me. She even said when you order tomorrow these are your options. Maybe she just forgot the date like I did.lol
I am going in tomorrow to see what they say. I let my wife use my upgrade last year, so don't know if they'll let me use hers this time around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven