Lumia 1020 - Location Of DNG Images

edenbridge

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 with the 'Black' update.

I have set the camera via settings to take JPEG(5 MP) +DNG (34 MP) - I have taken a good
few pictures now. However, when I try to upload the pictures - I cant see any .DNG files - my files
are listed as either WP_20140101_10_00_00_Raw.jpg or WP_20140101_10_00_00_Pro.jpg

So my question really is - how do i set fully for .DNG images and where are they located on the phone ?

Many thanks

EB:smile:

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 with the 'Black' update.

I have set the camera via settings to take JPEG(5 MP) +DNG (34 MP) - I have taken a good
few pictures now. However, when I try to upload the pictures - I cant see any .DNG files - my files
are listed as either WP_20140101_10_00_00_Raw.jpg or WP_20140101_10_00_00_Pro.jpg

So my question really is - how do i set fully for .DNG images and where are they located on the phone ?

Many thanks

EB:smile:

Raw.jpg and Pro.jpg suffix are file-name-identifiers used to tell under what settings the JPG files are taken. If you set to capture 5MP + DNG you will get a Raw.jpg suffix on the 5MP photo.
Any non-DNG image you take with Nokia Camera will give you Pro.jpg suffix. This is tells that the photo is being taken by Nokia Pro Cam (or Nokia Camera).

When you take RAW (dng is a form of raw), the raw file can be only be found from your computer, not on your phone, Windows Phone 8 default can't detect RAW files yet. The physical location of it is alongside the JPG in your usual Camera Roll folder.
- You should see the suffix of the raw file as Raw_highres.dng, because that's the high res photo between the 5MP and 34MP DNG.

Then when you takes 5MP + 34MP JPG you'll get Pro.jpg and Pro_highres.jpg suffix on the high res (34MP) version.
5MP (Nokia Camera) = Pro.jpg
5MP + 34MP = Pro.jpg + Pro_highres.jpg
5MP + 34DNG = Raw.jpg + Raw_highres.dng

any files you upload via the phone will be the 5MP photo. correct me if im wrong.

TheCrazySwede

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Then when you takes 5MP + 34MP JPG you'll get Pro.jpg and Pro_highres.jpg suffix on the high res (34MP) version.
5MP (Nokia Camera) = Pro.jpg
5MP + 34MP = Pro.jpg + Pro_highres.jpg
5MP + 34DNG = Raw.jpg + Raw_highres.dng

any files you upload via the phone will be the 5MP photo. correct me if im wrong.

^ This

romancos

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
They're under Camera Roll but you won't see DNG in neither of file browsers, neither you can share them by bluetooth. Only way is to import by Windows PC, well MAC Photo Importer recent update too does the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte