problem: i got nokia lumia 720 without compass compatibility. :(

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
on 6th feb i bought new nokia lumia 720, now i got to know that it do not support compass and also therefore here city lens
is there anything i can do to get it ?

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
already tried... it says my phone dont support it.
very strange :(
compass is great feature to have.
and now i m jelous that she have it and i dont

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
difference between my n her phone is that when she purchased it , she had already amber in it
and i did not have and i need sysapp pusher to upgrade it , while she got update message to black automatically

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my 720 back in May 2013. What I don't understand is that my phone HAS a compass. And Here City Lens came pre-installed. And Amber came much later. There was another WPCentral user Nitin who claimed that after he got his screen replaced, his phone wouldn't install Here City Lens.

Now here is what I don't understand. Why would some 720 have compass and other won't?

addy20

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Cyan lumia 720 bought in January 2014. Compass is there and city lens also working. Try downloading some compass app/ insider and check what they say.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Gaurav i went to nokia care yesterday .... they formatted my phone twice , still after that same issue. Then i talked with other 720 users there, they both had compass in their devices.
what they are telling me is that its just a software incompatibility thats why phone is not finding compass in it. they suggest me to wait for new update.
I questioned them that if its a software issue then it should be in all L720, why only mine.
So now i m thinking that i will wait for few days then i will give my phone to nokia care again. so they will send this phone to further.
your views on that?

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Gaurav i went to nokia care yesterday .... they formatted my phone twice , still after that same issue. Then i talked with other 720 users there, they both had compass in their devices.
what they are telling me is that its just a software incompatibility thats why phone is not finding compass in it. they suggest me to wait for new update.
I questioned them that if its a software issue then it should be in all L720, why only mine.
So now i m thinking that i will wait for few days then i will give my phone to nokia care again. so they will send this phone to further.
your views on that?

I'm quite sure its not a software defect. If it were, it would have been fixed by a hard reset. Since you did it a couple of times, I'd suggest you to take it to Nokia Care and get your device replaced.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i m thinking same .... i will go again there to submit my phone. i hope this problem get solved quickly.
another thing i want to tell you tht i got the phone whose warranty already started from october , while i purchased it on 6th feb
:(((((((((((((((

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb